Investment Analysts’ Recent Ratings Changes for Prosperity Bancshares (PB)
A number of research firms have changed their ratings and price targets for Prosperity Bancshares (NYSE: PB):
- 1/2/2018 – Prosperity Bancshares had its price target raised by analysts at Barclays PLC from $72.00 to $79.00. They now have an “overweight” rating on the stock.
- 1/2/2018 – Prosperity Bancshares was downgraded by analysts at Hovde Group from a “market perform” rating to an “underperform” rating. They now have a $68.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $70.00.
- 12/29/2017 – Prosperity Bancshares was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $79.00 price target on the stock. According to Zacks, “Shares of Prosperity Bancshares have underperformed the industry in the last twelve months. Yet, the company surpassed the Zacks Consensus Estimate for earnings in three of the trailing four quarters. Growth in loan and deposit balances along with steady improvement in asset quality should support profitability. While, elevated operating expenses and pressure on net interest margin (despite improving rate scenario) remain major causes for concern, the company is expected to continue to enhance shareholder value through efficient capital deployment activities.”
- 12/22/2017 – Prosperity Bancshares had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Keefe, Bruyette & Woods. They now have a $79.00 price target on the stock.
- 11/30/2017 – Prosperity Bancshares was upgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 11/29/2017 – Prosperity Bancshares had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at SunTrust Banks, Inc.. They now have a $77.00 price target on the stock.
- 11/10/2017 – Prosperity Bancshares was downgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
Shares of Prosperity Bancshares, Inc. (NYSE:PB) opened at $69.37 on Friday. The stock has a market capitalization of $4,820.00, a PE ratio of 17.61, a price-to-earnings-growth ratio of 1.68 and a beta of 1.37. Prosperity Bancshares, Inc. has a 52 week low of $55.84 and a 52 week high of $77.87.
Prosperity Bancshares (NYSE:PB) last released its quarterly earnings results on Wednesday, October 25th. The bank reported $0.98 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, beating the Zacks’ consensus estimate of $0.96 by $0.02. The business had revenue of $184.96 million during the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $185.59 million. Prosperity Bancshares had a return on equity of 7.38% and a net margin of 34.79%. During the same period in the previous year, the company posted $0.99 EPS. equities analysts forecast that Prosperity Bancshares, Inc. will post 3.95 EPS for the current year.
Prosperity Bancshares, Inc is a financial holding company, which operates through its bank subsidiary, Prosperity Bank (the Bank). The Bank provides a range of financial products and services to small and medium-sized businesses and consumers. The Company, through the Bank, offers a range of loan and deposit products to its customers.
Receive News & Ratings for Prosperity Bancshares Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Prosperity Bancshares Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.