Several brokerages have updated their recommendations and price targets on shares of Acuity Brands (NYSE: AYI) in the last few weeks:
- 1/12/2018 – Acuity Brands was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “Acuity Brands missed analysts’ expectations on both the top and the bottom lines in first quarter of fiscal 2018. Earnings and revenues decreased 3% and 1% year over year, respectively. Continued tepid market conditions and the decline in revenues in certain sales channels led to the drab results. Weakness in its adjusted gross margin was also visible in the quarter, down 80 bps in the quarter. Lighting fixture shipments in the United States declined in a low-single-digit in the quarter. That said, Acuity Brands continues to expect the North American lighting market to increase at a low-single-digit rate in fiscal 2018, with Acuity Brands growing above the industry. The company expects a rebound in the second half of the fiscal year, driven in part by mid-to-large projects. It also expects the recent federal corporate tax rate cut to favorably impact the company’s net income, EPS and cash flows.”
- 1/11/2018 – Acuity Brands had its “neutral” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Seaport Global Securities.
- 1/10/2018 – Acuity Brands was downgraded by analysts at Williams Capital from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating. They now have a $175.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $204.00.
- 1/10/2018 – Acuity Brands had its “market perform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Wells Fargo & Co. They now have a $175.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $185.00.
- 1/9/2018 – Acuity Brands had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Robert W. Baird. They now have a $198.00 price target on the stock.
- 12/12/2017 – Acuity Brands was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “Acuity Brands is a leading player in the North American nonresidential lighting fixture market, courtesy of its Lithonia brand. The company is focused on capitalizing opportunities by continuously expanding and leveraging on its lighting and building management solutions. Also, the company’s extensive market presence and financial strength are major positives. The company expects the North American lighting market to return to growth in fiscal 2018. However, Acuity Brands operates in a highly competitive industry that is affected by volatility owing to a number of general business and economic factors. Higher spending on research and development of energy efficient lighting products may dent margins and thereby the bottom line of the company. Meanwhile, shares of Acuity Brands lost 24.8% so far this year.”
Acuity Brands, Inc. (AYI) opened at $160.59 on Wednesday. The stock has a market cap of $6,770.00, a PE ratio of 22.06, a P/E/G ratio of 1.60 and a beta of 1.43. Acuity Brands, Inc. has a one year low of $153.28 and a one year high of $225.36. The company has a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.21, a current ratio of 2.23 and a quick ratio of 1.65.
Acuity Brands (NYSE:AYI) last posted its earnings results on Tuesday, January 9th. The electronics maker reported $1.81 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, missing the Thomson Reuters’ consensus estimate of $1.97 by ($0.16). Acuity Brands had a net margin of 8.91% and a return on equity of 20.08%. analysts expect that Acuity Brands, Inc. will post 9 earnings per share for the current year.
In other Acuity Brands news, EVP Mark A. Black sold 7,441 shares of the company’s stock in a transaction dated Friday, November 3rd. The shares were sold at an average price of $161.32, for a total transaction of $1,200,382.12. Following the transaction, the executive vice president now owns 30,649 shares in the company, valued at approximately $4,944,296.68. The transaction was disclosed in a document filed with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is available through this hyperlink. 1.50% of the stock is currently owned by corporate insiders.
Acuity Brands, Inc is a provider of lighting solutions for commercial, institutional, industrial, infrastructure and residential applications throughout North America and other international markets. The Company operates through North American segment. The Company offers a portfolio of indoor and outdoor lighting and building management solutions for commercial, institutional, industrial, infrastructure and residential applications.
Receive News & Ratings for Acuity Brands Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Acuity Brands Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.