Several analysts have recently updated their ratings and price targets for Mosaic (NYSE: MOS):
- 1/12/2018 – Mosaic had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Cowen Inc. They now have a $25.00 price target on the stock.
- 1/12/2018 – Mosaic was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “Mosaic is well placed to gain from strong global demand for fertilizers. Moreover, the acquisition of Vale Fertilizantes will help the company to capitalize on the rapidly growing Brazilian agricultural market. The buyout is also expected to deliver significant synergies. Mosaic should also benefit from its cost reduction measures and its efforts to boost production capacity. However, Mosaic is exposed to a challenging operating environment in the agriculture space. The company also faces headwinds from the unfavorable impacts of Hurricane Irma. It has also underperformed the industry it belongs to over a year.”
- 1/12/2018 – Mosaic had its price target raised by analysts at Royal Bank of Canada from $24.00 to $28.00. They now have a “sector perform” rating on the stock.
- 1/12/2018 – Mosaic is now covered by analysts at JPMorgan Chase & Co.. They set a “neutral” rating and a $26.00 price target on the stock.
- 11/22/2017 – Mosaic had its price target raised by analysts at Cowen Inc from $21.00 to $24.00. They now have a “market perform” rating on the stock.
Mosaic Co (MOS) traded down $1.54 during midday trading on Wednesday, reaching $25.68. 6,124,700 shares of the company traded hands, compared to its average volume of 4,723,170. Mosaic Co has a 52-week low of $19.23 and a 52-week high of $34.36. The company has a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.37, a current ratio of 1.78 and a quick ratio of 0.90. The stock has a market capitalization of $8,890.00, a price-to-earnings ratio of 27.03, a price-to-earnings-growth ratio of 2.69 and a beta of 1.31.
Mosaic (NYSE:MOS) last posted its quarterly earnings results on Tuesday, October 31st. The basic materials company reported $0.43 EPS for the quarter, beating the Thomson Reuters’ consensus estimate of $0.25 by $0.18. Mosaic had a net margin of 4.68% and a return on equity of 3.61%. The firm had revenue of $1.98 billion for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $1.93 billion. During the same quarter last year, the firm posted $0.41 earnings per share. Mosaic’s revenue for the quarter was up 1.7% compared to the same quarter last year. sell-side analysts anticipate that Mosaic Co will post 1.01 earnings per share for the current fiscal year.
The Mosaic Company is a producer and marketer of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. The Company operates through three segments: Phosphates, Potash and International Distribution. The Company is a supplier of phosphate- and potash-based crop nutrients and animal feed ingredients. The Phosphates segment owns and operates mines and production facilities in Florida, which produce concentrated phosphate crop nutrients and phosphate-based animal feed ingredients, and processing plants in Louisiana, which produce concentrated phosphate crop nutrients.
Receive News & Ratings for Mosaic Co Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Mosaic Co and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.