bitCNY (CURRENCY:BITCNY) traded down 0.8% against the U.S. dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 19:00 PM ET on January 19th. One bitCNY token can now be bought for $0.16 or 0.00001411 BTC on popular exchanges including AEX, Coinbene, BitShares Asset Exchange and OpenLedger DEX. bitCNY has a total market cap of $47.94 million and $28.23 million worth of bitCNY was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. Over the last week, bitCNY has traded up 15.7% against the U.S. dollar.
Here’s how similar cryptocurrencies have performed over the last 24 hours:
- Ripple (XRP) traded down 4.1% against the dollar and now trades at $1.54 or 0.00013478 BTC.
- NEO (NEO) traded 2.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $139.04 or 0.01215670 BTC.
- Stellar (XLM) traded down 0.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.50 or 0.00004407 BTC.
- IOTA (MIOTA) traded down 3.5% against the dollar and now trades at $2.68 or 0.00023435 BTC.
- TRON (TRX) traded 3.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0802 or 0.00000701 BTC.
- VeChain (VEN) traded 6.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $5.89 or 0.00051486 BTC.
- Tether (USDT) traded 1.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.01 or 0.00008792 BTC.
- Populous (PPT) traded 1.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $42.27 or 0.00369578 BTC.
- Binance Coin (BNB) traded 4.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $14.86 or 0.00129958 BTC.
- Status (SNT) traded up 1.2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.33 or 0.00002889 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “bitCNY is a market pegged asset (MPA) issued on the Bitshares platform, these assets are known as bitassets or smartcoins. Smartcoins always have 100% or more of its value backed by BitShares (BTS), and can be redeemed for it at any time. Since the exchange rate of BTS to CNY can change, the blockchain protocol deals with increasing and decreasing supply accordingly. This allows users to trade and transfer stable priced tokens across the blockchain and to trade real world commodities like gold and silver in a decentralized manner. “
Buying and Selling bitCNY
bitCNY can be bought or sold on these cryptocurrency exchanges: AEX, Coinbene, OpenLedger DEX and BitShares Asset Exchange. It is not possible to purchase bitCNY directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade bitCNY must first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Coinbase, Changelly or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase bitCNY using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for bitCNY Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for bitCNY and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.