Steem Dollars (CURRENCY:SBD) traded up 71.1% against the dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 20:00 PM ET on January 19th. One Steem Dollars coin can currently be bought for $7.32 or 0.00062847 BTC on cryptocurrency exchanges including Bittrex, Poloniex, Tidex and OpenLedger DEX. Over the last seven days, Steem Dollars has traded up 9.6% against the dollar. Steem Dollars has a total market capitalization of $48.13 million and $99.88 million worth of Steem Dollars was traded on exchanges in the last day.
Here’s how related cryptocurrencies have performed over the last day:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded 1.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $11,760.30 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded down 0.2% against the dollar and now trades at $1,792.03 or 0.15385100 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded up 30.3% against the dollar and now trades at $5.69 or 0.00048865 BTC.
- Experience Points (XP) traded down 12.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0016 or 0.00000014 BTC.
- Emercoin (EMC) traded up 13.3% against the dollar and now trades at $8.22 or 0.00070579 BTC.
- BitcoinDark (BTCD) traded up 16.9% against the dollar and now trades at $220.44 or 0.01892560 BTC.
- PACcoin (PAC) traded 4.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0001 or 0.00000001 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded 2.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $56.29 or 0.00483231 BTC.
- Peercoin (PPC) traded 3.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $5.50 or 0.00047225 BTC.
- Namecoin (NMC) traded up 0.5% against the dollar and now trades at $4.56 or 0.00039192 BTC.
Steem Dollars Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “Steem Backed Dollars or simply Steem Dollars are stable value pegged assets issued in the Steem.it platform. SBD are pegged to the value of the USD and can be redeemed on the Steem.it platform for about one dollar worth of Steem. When Content creators receive rewards on the Steem.it platform they are made available in 50% Steem Power, which can be redeemed continuously over a period of 104 weeks, and 50% SBD which can be fully redeemed for Steem in a 5 day period. SBD can also be transfered on the Steem Platform and can be exchanged outside of the Platform. “
Buying and Selling Steem Dollars
Steem Dollars can be bought or sold on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Tidex, Poloniex, Bittrex, OpenLedger DEX and HitBTC. It is not possible to purchase Steem Dollars directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Steem Dollars must first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as GDAX, Changelly or Coinbase. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Steem Dollars using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Steem Dollars Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Steem Dollars and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.