Obsidian (CURRENCY:ODN) traded 0.8% lower against the dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 7:00 AM E.T. on January 20th. One Obsidian coin can currently be bought for $1.10 or 0.00008778 BTC on exchanges including HitBTC, C-CEX and Cryptopia. Over the last week, Obsidian has traded down 39.2% against the dollar. Obsidian has a total market capitalization of $27.47 million and approximately $174,554.00 worth of Obsidian was traded on exchanges in the last day.
Here’s how related cryptocurrencies have performed over the last day:
- Cardano (ADA) traded up 1.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.68 or 0.00005510 BTC.
- Qtum (QTUM) traded 1.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $41.30 or 0.00332714 BTC.
- OmiseGO (OMG) traded 2.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $19.16 or 0.00154387 BTC.
- Ardor (ARDR) traded 1.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.41 or 0.00011360 BTC.
- BitShares (BTS) traded up 0.4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.39 or 0.00003125 BTC.
- Particl (PART) traded 1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $33.34 or 0.00268588 BTC.
- Raiden Network Token (RDN) traded up 3.7% against the dollar and now trades at $5.14 or 0.00041065 BTC.
- BitBay (BAY) traded 18.6% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.17 or 0.00001339 BTC.
- Quantum Resistant Ledger (QRL) traded 4.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $2.70 or 0.00021571 BTC.
- Rise (RISE) traded 2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.88 or 0.00007055 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Obsidian is a PoS cryptocurrency for popular use. It uses the more energy efficient SHA-512 hash algorithm to optimize for use on mobile devices and improved quantum computing resilience. ODN uses the proof-of-stake consensus strategy and pays a block reward of 20 ODN, which is equivalent to an interest rate of about 10%. In addition, Obsidian is the currency that powers to future Obsidian Secure Anonymous Messenger economy. The Obsidian Secure Anonymous Messenger allows for sending end-to-end encrypted messages, media, and files and is optimized for anonymity of communication and metadata protection/avoidance and does not require any user accounts, phone number or personal email address which could identify its users. The message transport will be accomplished by a decentralized network of special messaging masternodes that can be run by anyone by simply installing the respective software. Running messaging masternodes will be rewarded in Obsidian currency, so that messenger users and messenger masternode hosters form an economy which is independent from any company or country and maintained only by the open source community. Obsidian has an active Slack community in English with channels in русский and 中文, which welcomes traders, entrepreneurs, developers and everyone interested in science and innovation to share knowledge and learn. According to the White Paper, the current circulating supply is 24.4M. “
Buying and Selling Obsidian
Obsidian can be traded on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Cryptopia, C-CEX and HitBTC. It is not currently possible to buy Obsidian directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to trade Obsidian must first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Coinbase, GDAX or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Obsidian using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Obsidian Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Obsidian and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.