Bancor (CURRENCY:BNT) traded down 12.8% against the U.S. dollar during the 1-day period ending at 16:00 PM ET on January 21st. One Bancor token can now be bought for $6.91 or 0.00061201 BTC on popular cryptocurrency exchanges including Bancor Network, Binance, Liqui and COSS. Over the last week, Bancor has traded down 28% against the U.S. dollar. Bancor has a total market cap of $281.78 million and $9.68 million worth of Bancor was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here’s how similar cryptocurrencies have performed over the last 24 hours:
- Ripple (XRP) traded 14.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.36 or 0.00012053 BTC.
- NEO (NEO) traded 15.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $128.02 or 0.01133680 BTC.
- Stellar (XLM) traded down 16.4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.45 or 0.00003966 BTC.
- IOTA (MIOTA) traded down 12.7% against the dollar and now trades at $2.66 or 0.00023546 BTC.
- TRON (TRX) traded 19.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0693 or 0.00000613 BTC.
- VeChain (VEN) traded 5.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $7.51 or 0.00066506 BTC.
- Tether (USDT) traded down 0.1% against the dollar and now trades at $1.00 or 0.00008885 BTC.
- Populous (PPT) traded 13.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $42.67 or 0.00377848 BTC.
- Binance Coin (BNB) traded 16.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $13.64 or 0.00120809 BTC.
- Status (SNT) traded down 17.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.29 or 0.00002524 BTC.
Bancor Token Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “The Bancor Protocol is a blockchain-based system for discovery and a liquidity mechanism supporting multiple smart contract platforms. The flexibility of these blockchains allows tokens to be locked in reserve and to issue smart tokens on the Bancor system, enabling anyone to instantly purchase or liquidate the smart token in exchange for any of its reserve tokens. The BNT is the first smart token on the Bancor system and it will hold a single reserve in Ether. Other smart tokens, by using BNT as one of their reserves, connect to the BNT network. The BNT establishes network dynamics where increased demand for any of the network’s smart tokens increases demand for the common BNT, benefiting all other smart tokens holding it in reserve. “
Buying and Selling Bancor
Bancor can be bought or sold on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Binance, Bancor Network, Liqui, EtherDelta, COSS, Bittrex, Tidex, AEX and HitBTC. It is not presently possible to buy Bancor directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Bancor must first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Coinbase, Changelly or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Bancor using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Bancor Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Bancor and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.