Bitcoin (CURRENCY:BTC) traded 3.4% lower against the U.S. dollar during the twenty-four hour period ending at 7:00 AM E.T. on January 21st. In the last week, Bitcoin has traded down 10.7% against the U.S. dollar. One Bitcoin coin can now be bought for $12,224.30 on major exchanges including Bleutrade, Upbit, Bitfinex and itBit. Bitcoin has a total market capitalization of $205.57 billion and approximately $10.60 billion worth of Bitcoin was traded on exchanges in the last day.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed in the last day:
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded 1.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1,869.99 or 0.15368600 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded 1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $5.42 or 0.00044544 BTC.
- PACcoin (PAC) traded down 7.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0001 or 0.00000001 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded down 6.8% against the dollar and now trades at $54.87 or 0.00450932 BTC.
- Namecoin (NMC) traded 4.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $4.59 or 0.00037689 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded 2.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $3.77 or 0.00030963 BTC.
- ATBCoin (ATB) traded 1.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.88 or 0.00007239 BTC.
- Unobtanium (UNO) traded 3.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $137.98 or 0.01133990 BTC.
- CHIPS (CHIPS) traded up 30.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.47 or 0.00003873 BTC.
- Terracoin (TRC) traded down 1.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.36 or 0.00002922 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Bitcoin uses peer-to-peer technology to operate with no central authority or banks; managing transactions and the issuing of bitcoins is carried out collectively by the network. Although other cryptocurrencies have come before, Bitcoin is the first decentralized cryptocurrency – Its reputation has spawned copies and evolution in the space.With the largest variety of markets and the biggest value – having reached a peak of 18 billion USD – Bitcoin is here to stay. As with any new invention, there can be improvements or flaws in the initial model however the community and a team of dedicated developers are pushing to overcome any obstacle they come across. It is also the most traded cryptocurrency and one of the main entry points for all the other cryptocurrencies. The price is as unstable as always and it can go up or down by 10%-20% in a single day.Bitcoin is an SHA-256 POW coin with 21,000,000 total minable coins. The block time is 10 minutes. “
Bitcoin Coin Trading
Bitcoin can be purchased on these cryptocurrency exchanges: BTCTurk, Coinnest, BtcTrade.im, Paribu, Kraken, Coinfloor, GDAX, Coinroom, ZB.COM, BTC Markets, Bleutrade, CoinsBank, Bit-Z, Liqui, BitBay, Gate.io, Negocie Coins, Bibox, GetBTC, BTCC, Gatecoin, Tidex, Mr. Exchange, Fisco, bitFlyer, BitGrail, Luno, OKEx, Coinone, CoinEgg, RightBTC, Independent Reserve, HitBTC, Allcoin, Gemini, Foxbit, Binance, ACX, xBTCe, Poloniex, Bitbank, WEX, CoolCoin, EXX, Coinrail, Kucoin, LakeBTC, Bittrex, BitMEX, Zaif, Coinsquare, Exmo, Bitstamp, Bitcoin Indonesia, Korbit, Lbank, BX Thailand, Bitonic, CEX.IO, itBit, Upbit, Quoine, BL3P, QuadrigaCX, CoinExchange, Bithumb, YoBit, Bitso, Huobi, BTCBOX, Bitfinex, Livecoin and Cryptopia. Investors seeking to trade Bitcoin using US dollars directly can do so using Gemini, GDAX or Coinbase.
Receive News & Updates for Bitcoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Bitcoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.