Emercoin (CURRENCY:EMC) traded down 14.8% against the dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 15:00 PM Eastern on January 21st. One Emercoin coin can currently be purchased for approximately $7.38 or 0.00065452 BTC on popular cryptocurrency exchanges including HitBTC, Tux Exchange, Bittrex and YoBit. In the last week, Emercoin has traded 17.4% lower against the dollar. Emercoin has a total market capitalization of $304.17 million and approximately $3.02 million worth of Emercoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here’s how other cryptocurrencies have performed in the last 24 hours:
- Experience Points (XP) traded down 20.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0014 or 0.00000013 BTC.
- BitcoinDark (BTCD) traded down 25% against the dollar and now trades at $194.97 or 0.01729270 BTC.
- BitBean (BITB) traded down 1.5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0255 or 0.00000172 BTC.
- Neutron (NTRN) traded down 7.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.92 or 0.00008024 BTC.
- Internet of People (IOP) traded down 17.7% against the dollar and now trades at $5.59 or 0.00049563 BTC.
- Universal Currency (UNIT) traded down 9.7% against the dollar and now trades at $1.34 or 0.00011903 BTC.
- Sprouts (SPRTS) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $0.0000 or 0.00000000 BTC.
- Breakout (BRK) traded down 21.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.59 or 0.00005219 BTC.
- ParkByte (PKB) traded down 13.3% against the dollar and now trades at $1.16 or 0.00010179 BTC.
- BitTokens (BXT) traded 31.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.50 or 0.00013330 BTC.
Emercoin Coin Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “Hybrid of NameCoin and PPCoin. More focused on the production of coins by PoS than PoW. Mining has a bonus on the interval 1-512 difficulty for high initial issue of coins. Further difficulty will gradually increase, making PoS mining more promising. Emercoin offers a 6% annual POS reward with 30 day coin maturity. Coin added by @chopcoin Team “
Buying and Selling Emercoin
Emercoin can be purchased on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: LiteBit.eu, Tux Exchange, HitBTC, Cryptopia, CoinExchange, YoBit, Livecoin, xBTCe and Bittrex. It is not possible to buy Emercoin directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Emercoin must first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Coinbase, Changelly or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Emercoin using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Emercoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Emercoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.