Komodo (CURRENCY:KMD) traded down 20.1% against the U.S. dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 11:00 AM Eastern on January 21st. Over the last week, Komodo has traded 17.8% lower against the U.S. dollar. One Komodo coin can now be purchased for about $6.52 or 0.00057518 BTC on popular exchanges including Upbit, Cryptox, Cryptopia and Bittrex. Komodo has a total market capitalization of $671.24 million and approximately $20.32 million worth of Komodo was traded on exchanges in the last day.
Here is how other cryptocurrencies have performed over the last day:
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded down 14.4% against the dollar and now trades at $195.69 or 0.01725160 BTC.
- Zcash (ZEC) traded 12.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $481.39 or 0.04243770 BTC.
- ZClassic (ZCL) traded down 22.5% against the dollar and now trades at $133.18 or 0.01174040 BTC.
- ZenCash (ZEN) traded down 15% against the dollar and now trades at $37.47 or 0.00330300 BTC.
- Hush (HUSH) traded 31.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $7.72 or 0.00068079 BTC.
- Zero (ZER) traded 18.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $3.74 or 0.00033000 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Komodo is a privacy-centric cryptocurrency that combines the anonymity of ZCash with the security of Bitcoin. Using a new consensus mechanism developed by the Komodo team, delayed Proof of Work, Komodo blocks can be notarized using the Bitcoin blockchain. KMD is issued through an Equihash-based PoW protocol, and the new block information is sent to pre-voted notary nodes. These nodes insert the Komodo block information on the BTC blockchain by creating a custom transaction. This system ensures that in order to “hack” komodo, one would have to rewrite both chains.Komodo uses Zero Knowledge Proofs to provide 100% anonymous transactions, that are now secured with Bitcoin's hash rate. “
Buying and Selling Komodo
Komodo can be bought or sold on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Cryptox, BarterDEX, HitBTC, Bittrex, Binance, Upbit, Cryptopia and CoinExchange. It is not possible to purchase Komodo directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Komodo must first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as GDAX, Gemini or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Komodo using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Komodo Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Komodo and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.