Peercoin (CURRENCY:PPC) traded down 2.4% against the US dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 20:00 PM ET on January 21st. During the last week, Peercoin has traded down 29.2% against the US dollar. One Peercoin coin can currently be purchased for approximately $5.78 or 0.00049697 BTC on major exchanges including Cryptopia, OpenLedger DEX, HitBTC and Coingi. Peercoin has a total market cap of $142.22 million and approximately $1.20 million worth of Peercoin was traded on exchanges in the last day.
Here is how other cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded down 7.8% against the dollar and now trades at $11,686.70 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded down 8.9% against the dollar and now trades at $1,795.33 or 0.15424300 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded down 15.4% against the dollar and now trades at $4.73 or 0.00040638 BTC.
- Emercoin (EMC) traded down 9.6% against the dollar and now trades at $7.69 or 0.00066086 BTC.
- Experience Points (XP) traded down 16.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0014 or 0.00000012 BTC.
- BitcoinDark (BTCD) traded down 13.6% against the dollar and now trades at $201.80 or 0.01733750 BTC.
- PACcoin (PAC) traded 13.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0001 or 0.00000001 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded up 2.1% against the dollar and now trades at $55.72 or 0.00478687 BTC.
- Namecoin (NMC) traded down 7.9% against the dollar and now trades at $4.37 or 0.00037401 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded down 6% against the dollar and now trades at $3.66 or 0.00031263 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “A peer-to-peer crypto-currency design derived from Satoshi Nakamoto's Bitcoin. Proof-of-Stake replaces Proof-of-Work to provide most of the network security. Under this hybrid design proof-of-work mainly provides initial minting and is largely non-essential in the long run. Security level of the network is not highly enery dependent thus providing an energy efficient and more cost-competitive peer-to-peer crypto-currency. Proof-of-Stake is based on coin age and generated by each node via a hashing scheme bearing similarity to Bitcoins but over limited search space. Block chain history and transaction settlement are further protected by a centrally broadcasted checkpoint mechanism. “
Buying and Selling Peercoin
Peercoin can be purchased on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Cryptopia, OpenLedger DEX, HitBTC, Livecoin, WEX, Bittrex, The Rock Trading, Poloniex, Bit-Z, Tux Exchange, BX Thailand, YoBit, LiteBit.eu, SouthXchange, Bittylicious, Bleutrade and Coingi. It is not presently possible to buy Peercoin directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Peercoin must first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Changelly, GDAX or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Peercoin using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Peercoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Peercoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.