A number of firms have modified their ratings and price targets on shares of Expedia (NASDAQ: EXPE) recently:
- 1/16/2018 – Expedia was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $148.00 price target on the stock. According to Zacks, “Expedia’s Merchant, Agency, Advertising & Media and Home Away businesses are doing well. It is one of the leading online travel companies in the world. However, we think that the increased investments in the business, increasing competition across geographic regions and discounts offered by larger chain hotels can make margin expansion difficult. The company’s third-quarter 2017 results were adversely impacted by hurricanes that hit in the late August and continued through mid-September. In past 12 months, the stock has underperformed the industry it belongs to.”
- 1/13/2018 – Expedia was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 1/12/2018 – Expedia had its price target raised by analysts at SunTrust Banks, Inc. to $180.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock. They noted that the move was a valuation call. They noted that the move was a valuation call.
- 1/10/2018 – Expedia was upgraded by analysts at Morgan Stanley from an “equal weight” rating to an “overweight” rating.
- 1/5/2018 – Expedia was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “strong sell” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 1/4/2018 – Expedia was downgraded by analysts at Vetr from a “strong-buy” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $140.63 price target on the stock.
- 1/3/2018 – Expedia was upgraded by analysts at Bank of America Corp from a “neutral” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 12/20/2017 – Expedia had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Oppenheimer Holdings Inc..
- 12/7/2017 – Expedia had its “neutral” rating reaffirmed by analysts at MKM Partners. They now have a $145.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $170.00.
- 12/5/2017 – Expedia was downgraded by analysts at Argus from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating. They now have a $178.00 price target on the stock.
- 12/2/2017 – Expedia was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “sell” rating to a “strong sell” rating.
Expedia, Inc. (NASDAQ EXPE) traded down $0.62 during mid-day trading on Monday, reaching $126.27. 2,319,000 shares of the company’s stock traded hands, compared to its average volume of 2,084,508. The company has a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.60, a current ratio of 0.72 and a quick ratio of 0.72. The company has a market capitalization of $19,280.00, a P/E ratio of 49.91, a price-to-earnings-growth ratio of 1.73 and a beta of 0.89. Expedia, Inc. has a 12 month low of $115.55 and a 12 month high of $161.00.
Expedia (NASDAQ:EXPE) last posted its earnings results on Thursday, October 26th. The online travel company reported $2.51 EPS for the quarter, missing the Thomson Reuters’ consensus estimate of $2.61 by ($0.10). The business had revenue of $2.97 billion during the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $2.98 billion. Expedia had a return on equity of 10.71% and a net margin of 4.09%. The business’s revenue was up 14.9% on a year-over-year basis. During the same period in the prior year, the firm earned $2.41 earnings per share. sell-side analysts expect that Expedia, Inc. will post 3.91 earnings per share for the current fiscal year.
Expedia, Inc is an online travel company. The Company operates through four segments: Core Online Travel Agencies (Core OTA), trivago, Egencia and HomeAway. The Company’s Core OTA segment provides a range of travel and advertising services to its customers across the world, through a range of brands, including Expedia.com and Hotels.com in the United States, and localized Expedia and Hotels.com Websites throughout the world, Orbitz.com, Expedia Affiliate Network, Hotwire.com, Travelocity, Wotif Group, CarRentals.com and Classic Vacations.
Receive News & Ratings for Expedia Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Expedia Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.