Namecoin (CURRENCY:NMC) traded down 8.8% against the US dollar during the one day period ending at 7:00 AM E.T. on January 22nd. One Namecoin coin can now be bought for approximately $4.17 or 0.00036461 BTC on major exchanges including Livecoin, YoBit, Altcoin Trader and Poloniex. Over the last week, Namecoin has traded 38.3% lower against the US dollar. Namecoin has a market capitalization of $61.49 million and approximately $286,735.00 worth of Namecoin was traded on exchanges in the last day.
Here is how other cryptocurrencies have performed over the last day:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded 5.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $11,493.80 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded down 6.9% against the dollar and now trades at $1,723.82 or 0.15062800 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded down 14% against the dollar and now trades at $4.53 or 0.00039542 BTC.
- PACcoin (PAC) traded 12% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0001 or 0.00000001 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded 8.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $59.69 or 0.00521600 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded 6.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $3.50 or 0.00030549 BTC.
- ATBCoin (ATB) traded down 10.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.78 or 0.00006779 BTC.
- Unobtanium (UNO) traded up 0.8% against the dollar and now trades at $137.18 or 0.01199680 BTC.
- CHIPS (CHIPS) traded up 3.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.51 or 0.00004431 BTC.
- Terracoin (TRC) traded down 3.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.35 or 0.00003025 BTC.
Namecoin Coin Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “Namecoin s a cryptocurrency which also acts as an alternative, decentralized DNS, which would avoid domain name censorship by making a new top level domain outside of ICANN control. The coin is designed to halve every four years with the same cap limit as Bitcoin of 21,000,000. With the domain registry service a small number of NMC will be destroyed so after mining has finished there will still be a deflationary ellement in place. Namecoin was the first coin to switch to merged mining. “
Buying and Selling Namecoin
Namecoin can be traded on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Tux Exchange, SouthXchange, Altcoin Trader, WEX, Bittylicious, Bleutrade, Livecoin, Poloniex, YoBit, BX Thailand and Cryptopia. It is not currently possible to buy Namecoin directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Namecoin must first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as GDAX, Coinbase or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Namecoin using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Namecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Namecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.