VeriCoin (CURRENCY:VRC) traded down 16.8% against the US dollar during the twenty-four hour period ending at 10:00 AM E.T. on January 22nd. VeriCoin has a total market cap of $38.91 million and approximately $2.93 million worth of VeriCoin was traded on exchanges in the last day. One VeriCoin coin can now be bought for $1.27 or 0.00011844 BTC on exchanges including Bleutrade, CoinEgg, Bittrex and Poloniex. Over the last week, VeriCoin has traded down 32.9% against the US dollar.
Here’s how similar cryptocurrencies have performed over the last day:
- SaluS (SLS) traded 34.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $65.27 or 0.00610980 BTC.
- ECC (ECC) traded down 12.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0025 or 0.00000023 BTC.
- OKCash (OK) traded down 14% against the dollar and now trades at $0.43 or 0.00004041 BTC.
- PoSW Coin (POSW) traded 8.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.63 or 0.00005917 BTC.
- Linda (LINDA) traded 16.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0041 or 0.00000038 BTC.
- LoMoCoin (LMC) traded 14.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0996 or 0.00000933 BTC.
- Gambit (GAM) traded down 8.1% against the dollar and now trades at $17.65 or 0.00165197 BTC.
- RussiaCoin (RC) traded down 12.5% against the dollar and now trades at $2.24 or 0.00020995 BTC.
- Sphere (SPHR) traded down 11.4% against the dollar and now trades at $6.03 or 0.00056478 BTC.
- FirstCoin (FRST) traded 27.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $8.00 or 0.00074894 BTC.
VeriCoin Coin Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “VRC is designed to reduce the PoW phase and enter PoS phase quickly. With a steady block reward and block time of sixty seconds, the PoW phase is designed to finish after the first few weeks of launch – 10/05/2014. The PoS interest rate is dynamic and depends on how much the coin is held and staked in the PoS. The dynamic interest rate is pegged at a sensible level of between 0-3% roughly. The PoS interest is gained through transaction fees which are also distributed to the Vericoin fund – to aid in development and promotion of the currency. There was no premine. “
VeriCoin Coin Trading
VeriCoin can be purchased on these cryptocurrency exchanges: CoinEgg, Livecoin, Cryptopia, Bleutrade, Poloniex and Bittrex. It is not presently possible to buy VeriCoin directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire VeriCoin must first buy Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Gemini, GDAX or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to buy VeriCoin using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for VeriCoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for VeriCoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.