BitConnect (CURRENCY:BCC) traded down 4.6% against the US dollar during the 1-day period ending at 19:00 PM ET on January 27th. One BitConnect coin can now be purchased for approximately $10.54 or 0.00092098 BTC on major cryptocurrency exchanges including HitBTC, CoinExchange, BCC Exchange and Livecoin. During the last week, BitConnect has traded 49.3% lower against the US dollar. BitConnect has a total market cap of $96.87 million and approximately $1.02 million worth of BitConnect was traded on exchanges in the last day.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- Litecoin (LTC) traded 3.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $181.95 or 0.01590450 BTC.
- Verge (XVG) traded 7.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0937 or 0.00000819 BTC.
- Dogecoin (DOGE) traded 2.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0074 or 0.00000065 BTC.
- Bytom (BTM) traded 1.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.43 or 0.00003790 BTC.
- Syscoin (SYS) traded 8.9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.67 or 0.00005886 BTC.
- GameCredits (GAME) traded down 1% against the dollar and now trades at $4.12 or 0.00036034 BTC.
- BridgeCoin (BCO) traded up 1.8% against the dollar and now trades at $7.06 or 0.00061655 BTC.
- Einsteinium (EMC2) traded 2.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.62 or 0.00005453 BTC.
- Viacoin (VIA) traded 52.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $5.79 or 0.00050614 BTC.
- CyberMiles (CMT) traded 3.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.27 or 0.00002348 BTC.
BitConnect Coin Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “Bitfinex introduced trading on Chain Split Tokens (CST). The first such product of its kind, CSTs will allow Bitfinex customers to speculate on future fork events of the Bitcoin blockchain, specifically, the potential fork between Bitcoin Core and Bitcoin Unlimited. They have designated these CSTs as BCC (Bitcoin Core) and BCU (Bitcoin Unlimited). CSTs will trade as BTC and USD pairs, initially without margin and they will reevaluate that decision if there is sufficient liquidity. Users will be able to create CSTs by “splitting” a bitcoin through the Token Manager (located in the Order Type drop down menu of the sidebar order ticket). Once split, the BTC will be removed from their account for each BCC and BCU added. Through the same Token Manager, users will be able to reverse this process at anytime, trading in equal numbers of BCC and BCU to extract BTC. If no fork occurs by December 31, 2017, then BCU will expire worthless and BTC will be given in exchange for each BCC holder. If, however, there is a fork, specifically Bitcoin Unlimited, then, as soon as they list Bitcoin Unlimited, they will exchange BCU tokens for Bitcoin Unlimited tokens as well as retiring BCC tokens in favor of Bitcoin Core tokens. More detailed information can be found in the Chains Split Token Terms and Conditions. They are planning a few additional enhancements including a realtime display of total CSTs as well as segregated cold storage for the bitcoins that have been split, which we will periodically settle to and from their hot wallet. “
Buying and Selling BitConnect
BitConnect can be traded on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Livecoin, CoinExchange, Trade Satoshi, HitBTC and BCC Exchange. It is not possible to purchase BitConnect directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to trade BitConnect must first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Coinbase, Changelly or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase BitConnect using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for BitConnect Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for BitConnect and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.