Cardano (CURRENCY:ADA) traded up 2.3% against the U.S. dollar during the 1-day period ending at 17:00 PM E.T. on January 27th. One Cardano coin can currently be purchased for approximately $0.63 or 0.00005462 BTC on popular cryptocurrency exchanges including Bittrex, Gate.io, Mr. Exchange and Upbit. Cardano has a total market cap of $16.32 billion and approximately $344.42 million worth of Cardano was traded on exchanges in the last day. Over the last week, Cardano has traded down 10.4% against the U.S. dollar.
Here is how other cryptocurrencies have performed over the last day:
- Qtum (QTUM) traded up 2.7% against the dollar and now trades at $40.21 or 0.00348832 BTC.
- OmiseGO (OMG) traded 0.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $16.23 or 0.00140787 BTC.
- BitShares (BTS) traded 17.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.53 or 0.00004620 BTC.
- Ardor (ARDR) traded up 5.5% against the dollar and now trades at $1.00 or 0.00008692 BTC.
- Particl (PART) traded up 7% against the dollar and now trades at $33.94 or 0.00294450 BTC.
- Raiden Network Token (RDN) traded up 9.9% against the dollar and now trades at $4.69 or 0.00040719 BTC.
- BitBay (BAY) traded up 22.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.15 or 0.00001273 BTC.
- Quantum Resistant Ledger (QRL) traded 19.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $2.28 or 0.00019751 BTC.
- ION (ION) traded 0.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $5.72 or 0.00049594 BTC.
- DECENT (DCT) traded up 11.4% against the dollar and now trades at $1.79 or 0.00015505 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, ” Designed and developed by IOHK in conjunction with the University of Edinburgh, the University of Athens and the University of Connecticut, Cardano SL (or Cardano Settlement Layer) is a Proof of Stake cryptocurrency based on the Haskell implementation of the white paper “Ouroboros: A Provably Secure Proof of Stake Blockchain Protocol” by Aggelos Kiayias, Alexander Russell, Bernardo David and Roman Oliynykov.”
Cardano Coin Trading
Cardano can be bought or sold on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Coinnest, Gate.io, Bittrex, Binance, Upbit and Mr. Exchange. It is not presently possible to buy Cardano directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Cardano must first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Coinbase, Changelly or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Cardano using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Cardano Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Cardano and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.