Litecoin (CURRENCY:LTC) traded 4.4% higher against the U.S. dollar during the 1 day period ending at 17:00 PM E.T. on January 27th. Litecoin has a total market cap of $10.02 billion and $293.72 million worth of Litecoin was traded on exchanges in the last day. During the last seven days, Litecoin has traded 13% lower against the U.S. dollar. One Litecoin coin can currently be bought for approximately $182.38 or 0.01582270 BTC on exchanges including BtcTrade.im, ZB.COM, Tripe Dice Exchange and Bithumb.
Here’s how other cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- Verge (XVG) traded up 10.4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0953 or 0.00000826 BTC.
- Dogecoin (DOGE) traded 4.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0075 or 0.00000065 BTC.
- Bytom (BTM) traded 0.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.44 or 0.00003818 BTC.
- Syscoin (SYS) traded 10.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.68 or 0.00005877 BTC.
- GameCredits (GAME) traded 1.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $4.16 or 0.00036048 BTC.
- BridgeCoin (BCO) traded up 3.7% against the dollar and now trades at $7.11 or 0.00061691 BTC.
- Einsteinium (EMC2) traded up 5.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.64 or 0.00005532 BTC.
- CyberMiles (CMT) traded 5.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.27 or 0.00002354 BTC.
- BitConnect (BCC) traded down 2.1% against the dollar and now trades at $10.75 or 0.00093269 BTC.
- Gulden (NLG) traded 2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.25 or 0.00002186 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Litecoin LTC – provides faster transaction confirmations (2.5 minutes on average) and uses a memory-hard, scrypt-based mining proof-of-work algorithm to target the regular computers and GPUs most people already have – which are its main differentials to Bitcoin. The Litecoin network is scheduled to produce 84 million currency units with a halving in reward every four years just like bitcoin. The coin was created by a Google employee, Charles Lee. Litecoin is in second spot to Bitcoin and has spawned numerous clones – however it has a solid base of support and dedicated development team.The Litecoin project is currently maintained by a core group of 6 software developers, led by Charles Lee, with a large community that is growing in support.In May 2017, Litecoin became the first of the Top 5 (By Market Cap) cryptocurrencies to implement the SegWit scaling solution. Later in May of the same year, the first Lightning Network transaction was completed through litecoin, transferring 0.00000001 LTC from Zurich to San Francisco in under one second.”
Litecoin Coin Trading
Litecoin can be purchased on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: LocalTrade, BCEX, OKEx, CryptoBridge, Kucoin, The Rock Trading, ChaoEX, Negocie Coins, Livecoin, Exrates, Coinrail, NIX-E, Coinut, Koinex, Bitstamp, OkCoin Intl., Cryptox, TDAX, Tux Exchange, Cryptomate, BitMarket, CoolCoin, Bits Blockchain, Braziliex, BigONE, GOPAX, Koinim, BTC Trade UA, BitBay, Bitmaszyna, Exmo, Bitsane, WEX, Bitbank, Mercatox, Coinsquare, HitBTC, BitKonan, CoinFalcon, Upbit, CoinExchange, COSS, EXX, Poloniex, CoinsBank, Liqui, Coinroom, YoBit, BTC-Alpha, Cryptopia, Kraken, Tidex, Binance, Qryptos, Bibox, Coingi, Bitcoin Indonesia, Allcoin, C-CEX, Bisq, FreiExchange, AEX, ZB.COM, xBTCe, BX Thailand, Coinhouse, BtcTrade.im, CoinEx, Koineks, LiteBit.eu, GDAX, Tripe Dice Exchange, Bittylicious, Gate.io, BitGrail, QuadrigaCX, Huobi, VirtacoinWorld, DSX, Bittrex, CoinEgg, Bit-Z, RippleFox, Abucoins, TOPBTC, OpenLedger DEX, Bithumb, Coinbene, Mr. Exchange, Trade Satoshi, RightBTC, BITHOLIC, Bitso, Bitinka, Altcoin Trader, OKCoin.cn, Bit2C, Waves Decentralized Exchange, BTC Markets, Bitlish, BitFlip, SouthXchange, Bitfinex, Coinone, Mercado Bitcoin, Bleutrade, Stocks.Exchange, Gatecoin and Dgtmarket. Investors seeking to acquire Litecoin using U.S. dollars directly can do so using Coinbase, Gemini or Changelly.
Receive News & Updates for Litecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Litecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.