Tether (CURRENCY:USDT) traded 0.6% lower against the US dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 18:00 PM E.T. on January 27th. Tether has a total market capitalization of $1.61 billion and $2.05 billion worth of Tether was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. Over the last week, Tether has traded down 1.1% against the US dollar. One Tether token can currently be purchased for approximately $1.00 or 0.00008740 BTC on major cryptocurrency exchanges including Kucoin, OKEx, EXX and Bibox.
Here is how other cryptocurrencies have performed over the last 24 hours:
- Ripple (XRP) traded up 1.3% against the dollar and now trades at $1.22 or 0.00010733 BTC.
- Stellar (XLM) traded down 2.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.61 or 0.00005388 BTC.
- NEO (NEO) traded up 4% against the dollar and now trades at $141.12 or 0.01238870 BTC.
- IOTA (MIOTA) traded up 5% against the dollar and now trades at $2.46 or 0.00021602 BTC.
- TRON (TRX) traded up 3.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0684 or 0.00000600 BTC.
- VeChain (VEN) traded down 3.8% against the dollar and now trades at $6.91 or 0.00060704 BTC.
- Populous (PPT) traded up 18.2% against the dollar and now trades at $62.59 or 0.00549480 BTC.
- Binance Coin (BNB) traded up 1.8% against the dollar and now trades at $13.28 or 0.00116540 BTC.
- Walton (WTC) traded 13.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $42.79 or 0.00375680 BTC.
- 0x (ZRX) traded 4.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $2.05 or 0.00018025 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “USDT is a cryptocurrency asset issued on the Bitcoin blockchain via the Omni Layer Protocol. Each USDT unit is backed by a U.S Dollar held in the reserves of the Tether Limited and can be redeemed through the Tether Platform. USDT can be transferred, stored, spent, just like bitcoins or any other cryptocurrency. USDT and other Tether currencies were created to facilitate the transfer of national currencies, to provide users with a stable alternative to Bitcoin and to provide an alternative for exchange and wallet audits which are currently unreliable. USDT provides an alternative to Proof of Solvency methods by introducing a Proof of Reserves Process. In the Tether Proof of Reserves system, the amount of USDT in circulations can be easily checked on the Bitcoin blockchain via the tools provided at Omnichest.info, while the corresponding total amount of USD held reserves is proved by publishing the bank balance and undergoing periodic audits by professionals. “
Tether Token Trading
Tether can be bought or sold on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Huobi, EXX, Binance, Gate.io, Liqui, Kraken, Upbit, Bibox, Tidex, Kucoin, HitBTC, OKEx, Cryptopia, Coinut, Bitfinex, Exmo, ZB.COM, Bittrex, Coinbene and Poloniex. It is not possible to purchase Tether directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Tether must first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Changelly, GDAX or Coinbase. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase Tether using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Tether Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Tether and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.