Augur (CURRENCY:REP) traded down 0.9% against the US dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 16:00 PM ET on January 28th. One Augur token can currently be purchased for $83.96 or 0.00716739 BTC on exchanges including LiteBit.eu, Cobinhood, Cryptopia and IDEX. During the last week, Augur has traded 2.8% lower against the US dollar. Augur has a market capitalization of $923.54 million and $7.04 million worth of Augur was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here’s how other cryptocurrencies have performed during the last 24 hours:
- Ripple (XRP) traded 11% higher against the dollar and now trades at $1.37 or 0.00011663 BTC.
- Stellar (XLM) traded up 1.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.63 or 0.00005392 BTC.
- NEO (NEO) traded 7.9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $152.52 or 0.01302010 BTC.
- IOTA (MIOTA) traded 1.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $2.50 or 0.00021356 BTC.
- TRON (TRX) traded 4.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0660 or 0.00000563 BTC.
- VeChain (VEN) traded down 3% against the dollar and now trades at $6.82 or 0.00058250 BTC.
- Populous (PPT) traded 14.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $72.71 or 0.00620753 BTC.
- Tether (USDT) traded down 1.4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.99 or 0.00008415 BTC.
- Binance Coin (BNB) traded up 1.7% against the dollar and now trades at $13.55 or 0.00115655 BTC.
- Status (SNT) traded 4.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.31 or 0.00002624 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Prediction markets are widely considered the best forecasting tool. Augur is an open, global platform where anyone anywhere can create, monitor or trade in prediction markets about any topic. Think of it as an “Early Warning System'' with the most accurate event forecasts, a potential “Google Search”, “Bloomberg Terminal” or “Reuters Terminal” for crowdsourced event forecasts. The system plans to use the “Wisdom of Crowds'' (“collective intelligence'') via market incentives, “Long Tail'' dynamics and blockchain technology to securely generate a more accurate, robust and unfiltered array of dynamic event forecasts than any alternative can match. Augur is decentralized, self-regulating, pseudonymous and autonomous. It offers the promise of markets without exposure to counterparty risk, principal-agent problems or central points of control, failure or censorship. No person is ever in direct control of someone else’s funds or in a position to single-handedly threaten the system’s integrity. The software is comprised of smart contracts perpetually deployed on a blockchain network, which enables applications deployed to be immune to local outages while benefiting from the entire community's security. All interactions with markets are communicated as database transactions between unique accounts powered by immutable software instructions. “
Buying and Selling Augur
Augur can be bought or sold on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Mercatox, Gatecoin, Exrates, Abucoins, Kraken, HitBTC, BigONE, Cobinhood, Gate.io, Mr. Exchange, IDEX, LiteBit.eu, Bittrex, Liqui, Qryptos, BX Thailand, ChaoEX, Livecoin, Cryptopia, Gatehub, Upbit, Radar Relay, RippleFox and Poloniex. It is not presently possible to purchase Augur directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Augur must first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Changelly, Coinbase or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase Augur using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Augur Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Augur and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.