Komodo (CURRENCY:KMD) traded up 6.6% against the U.S. dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 16:00 PM ET on January 28th. Komodo has a market cap of $740.61 million and approximately $6.01 million worth of Komodo was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. In the last week, Komodo has traded up 6.9% against the U.S. dollar. One Komodo coin can currently be bought for $7.15 or 0.00061067 BTC on major exchanges including Bittrex, Upbit, Cryptox and CoinExchange.
Here is how related cryptocurrencies have performed in the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded up 3.3% against the dollar and now trades at $190.29 or 0.01624440 BTC.
- Zcash (ZEC) traded up 3.4% against the dollar and now trades at $473.31 or 0.04040560 BTC.
- ZClassic (ZCL) traded up 0.9% against the dollar and now trades at $159.48 or 0.01361430 BTC.
- ZenCash (ZEN) traded up 1.5% against the dollar and now trades at $47.79 or 0.00407965 BTC.
- Hush (HUSH) traded up 4% against the dollar and now trades at $10.03 or 0.00085661 BTC.
- Zero (ZER) traded 6.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $3.29 or 0.00028092 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Komodo is a privacy-centric cryptocurrency that combines the anonymity of ZCash with the security of Bitcoin. Using a new consensus mechanism developed by the Komodo team, delayed Proof of Work, Komodo blocks can be notarized using the Bitcoin blockchain. KMD is issued through an Equihash-based PoW protocol, and the new block information is sent to pre-voted notary nodes. These nodes insert the Komodo block information on the BTC blockchain by creating a custom transaction. This system ensures that in order to “hack” komodo, one would have to rewrite both chains.Komodo uses Zero Knowledge Proofs to provide 100% anonymous transactions, that are now secured with Bitcoin's hash rate. “
Buying and Selling Komodo
Komodo can be purchased on these cryptocurrency exchanges: BarterDEX, Upbit, Cryptox, Bittrex, HitBTC, Cryptopia, CoinExchange and Binance. It is not possible to purchase Komodo directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Komodo must first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Changelly, Coinbase or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Komodo using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Komodo Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Komodo and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.