Monero (CURRENCY:XMR) traded down 0.8% against the dollar during the twenty-four hour period ending at 15:00 PM E.T. on January 28th. Monero has a market cap of $5.14 billion and approximately $74.18 million worth of Monero was traded on exchanges in the last day. One Monero coin can now be bought for about $328.51 or 0.02810040 BTC on major cryptocurrency exchanges including Braziliex, LiteBit.eu, BTC-Alpha and HitBTC. During the last week, Monero has traded down 4.9% against the dollar.
Here’s how similar cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- Bytecoin (BCN) traded down 0.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0075 or 0.00000064 BTC.
- DigitalNote (XDN) traded up 15% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0365 or 0.00000312 BTC.
- Aeon (AEON) traded down 1.9% against the dollar and now trades at $4.85 or 0.00041485 BTC.
- Boolberry (BBR) traded 11.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $2.92 or 0.00025000 BTC.
- Sumokoin (SUMO) traded down 5.6% against the dollar and now trades at $5.06 or 0.00043286 BTC.
- IntenseCoin (ITNS) traded 1.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0295 or 0.00000253 BTC.
- Karbo (KRB) traded down 3.3% against the dollar and now trades at $1.31 or 0.00011229 BTC.
- LeviarCoin (XLC) traded down 3.5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.36 or 0.00003090 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Monero (XMR) is a cryptonight algorithm based alternative crypto currency. The coin is based on Proof of Work and has a block reward that varies smoothly. The difficulty retargets every block with a sixty second block target. Monero uses a Ring Signature system to protect your privacy, allowing users to make untraceable transactions. “
Monero Coin Trading
Monero can be purchased on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Coinroom, Upbit, Cryptox, Kraken, Cryptomate, Gate.io, Abucoins, SouthXchange, Exrates, Exmo, Bitfinex, OKEx, Braziliex, Bisq, HitBTC, Tux Exchange, Livecoin, Poloniex, LiteBit.eu, Binance, Bittrex, Mercatox, BTC-Alpha, Bithumb, Cryptopia and Qryptos. It is not possible to purchase Monero directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Monero must first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as GDAX, Changelly or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase Monero using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Monero Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Monero and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.