Bancor (CURRENCY:BNT) traded down 5.5% against the dollar during the 1-day period ending at 15:00 PM E.T. on January 29th. Bancor has a market capitalization of $306.59 million and approximately $8.03 million worth of Bancor was traded on exchanges in the last day. In the last seven days, Bancor has traded 13.7% higher against the dollar. One Bancor token can currently be bought for $7.52 or 0.00067154 BTC on major exchanges including HitBTC, Bancor Network, Binance and Bittrex.
Here’s how similar cryptocurrencies have performed in the last day:
- Ripple (XRP) traded up 0.5% against the dollar and now trades at $1.34 or 0.00011988 BTC.
- NEO (NEO) traded 7.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $162.24 or 0.01448880 BTC.
- Stellar (XLM) traded down 7.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.58 or 0.00005215 BTC.
- IOTA (MIOTA) traded 3.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $2.58 or 0.00023004 BTC.
- TRON (TRX) traded 2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0645 or 0.00000576 BTC.
- VeChain (VEN) traded 4.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $6.50 or 0.00058082 BTC.
- Populous (PPT) traded down 3.9% against the dollar and now trades at $68.47 or 0.00611510 BTC.
- Tether (USDT) traded up 0.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.99 or 0.00008882 BTC.
- Binance Coin (BNB) traded 4.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $12.90 or 0.00115204 BTC.
- Status (SNT) traded 3.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.30 or 0.00002648 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “The Bancor Protocol is a blockchain-based system for discovery and a liquidity mechanism supporting multiple smart contract platforms. The flexibility of these blockchains allows tokens to be locked in reserve and to issue smart tokens on the Bancor system, enabling anyone to instantly purchase or liquidate the smart token in exchange for any of its reserve tokens. The BNT is the first smart token on the Bancor system and it will hold a single reserve in Ether. Other smart tokens, by using BNT as one of their reserves, connect to the BNT network. The BNT establishes network dynamics where increased demand for any of the network’s smart tokens increases demand for the common BNT, benefiting all other smart tokens holding it in reserve.”
Buying and Selling Bancor
Bancor can be bought or sold on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Bancor Network, AEX, Tidex, Liqui, Bittrex, HitBTC, Binance, EtherDelta and COSS. It is not presently possible to buy Bancor directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Bancor must first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Gemini, Coinbase or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Bancor using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Bancor Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Bancor and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.