Groestlcoin (CURRENCY:GRS) traded down 4.2% against the US dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 18:00 PM E.T. on January 29th. Groestlcoin has a total market cap of $74.31 million and approximately $7.31 million worth of Groestlcoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. In the last week, Groestlcoin has traded 17.6% higher against the US dollar. One Groestlcoin coin can currently be bought for about $1.07 or 0.00009640 BTC on exchanges including CoinExchange, C-CEX, Cryptopia and LiteBit.eu.
Here’s how related cryptocurrencies have performed in the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded down 4.3% against the dollar and now trades at $11,302.20 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Ethereum (ETH) traded 5.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1,182.89 or 0.10565000 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded 5.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1,655.98 or 0.14790400 BTC.
- Litecoin (LTC) traded 6.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $181.45 or 0.01620570 BTC.
- Monero (XMR) traded 4.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $316.99 or 0.02831150 BTC.
- Ethereum Classic (ETC) traded down 4.8% against the dollar and now trades at $31.72 or 0.00283263 BTC.
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded 4.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $181.55 or 0.01621480 BTC.
- RaiBlocks (XRB) traded 6.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $18.54 or 0.00165579 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded down 6.9% against the dollar and now trades at $5.90 or 0.00052723 BTC.
- Zcash (ZEC) traded 5.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $448.22 or 0.04003250 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “It is a cryptocurrency utilizing Proof of Work – No ASIC currently exists for Groestl & it is unlikely that one will be developed for it anytime soon. GroestlCoin will be ASIC-free for the foreseeable future. – Through these features GroestlCoin embodies the fairly distributed & decentralized nature of Cryptocurrency. Anyone can mine effectively, with minimal resource consumption and nuisance. – With the influx of ASICs we thought decentralized mining will soon be dead, with GroestlCoin it is reborn and taken to another level. – The extra added value of Groestl is that the “richer advantage” (owning several GPU) is less interesting with Groestl; so fairer. – Stands for democratization of currency and mining, the ability to send and receive money immediately anywhere in the world, to not pay expensive banking fees, and to transact in an environment that is secure and anonymous. – Through an innovative algorithm, the Groestlcoin network consumes far less energy, maintains stronger security, and rewards miners in more sustainable ways than sha256, scrypt, x11 and x13 based coins. – Grostl will be the new greener home of GPU miners as it offers greater hashing results with less energy and heat. – They strive to make groestlcoin available to the masses. Innovative and user friendly, accessible for everyone. They highly value integrity and transparency. Digital currencies are the future and Groestlcoin will be one of the leaders in this revolution. The name “Grøstl” is a multilingual play-on-words, referring to an Austrian dish usually made of leftover potatoes and pork, cut into slices. These are roasted on a pan together with onions and butterfat. The dish is often seasoned with salt, pepper, marjoram, cumin, and parsley, and served with a fried egg or kraut (cabbage). Hence, gröstl is somewhat similar to the American dish called hash. The letter ‘ö’ was replaced by ‘ø’, which is a letter in the Danish alphabet that is pronounced in the same way as ‘ö’. This way, the name, like the hash function itself, contains a mix of Austrian and Danish influences. The pronunciation of Grøstl may seem challenging. If you think so, then think of the letter ‘ø’ as the ‘i’ in “bird”. This letter is a so-called close-mid front rounded vowel. Groestl Specifications White Paper “
Buying and Selling Groestlcoin
Groestlcoin can be purchased on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Bittrex, C-CEX, CoinExchange, Livecoin, LiteBit.eu and Cryptopia. It is not currently possible to purchase Groestlcoin directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Groestlcoin must first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Gemini, Coinbase or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Groestlcoin using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Groestlcoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Groestlcoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.