Litecoin (CURRENCY:LTC) traded 3.6% lower against the dollar during the twenty-four hour period ending at 13:00 PM ET on January 29th. One Litecoin coin can now be purchased for approximately $181.96 or 0.01619740 BTC on exchanges including Coinut, CoinsBank, The Rock Trading and CoinEgg. Over the last week, Litecoin has traded 3% higher against the dollar. Litecoin has a total market capitalization of $10.00 billion and $341.95 million worth of Litecoin was traded on exchanges in the last day.
Here is how related cryptocurrencies have performed over the last day:
- Verge (XVG) traded 6.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0867 or 0.00000771 BTC.
- Dogecoin (DOGE) traded 4.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0071 or 0.00000063 BTC.
- Bytom (BTM) traded 0.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.43 or 0.00003785 BTC.
- Syscoin (SYS) traded 3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.66 or 0.00005841 BTC.
- GameCredits (GAME) traded down 6.6% against the dollar and now trades at $3.87 or 0.00034435 BTC.
- BridgeCoin (BCO) traded 16% lower against the dollar and now trades at $5.75 or 0.00051193 BTC.
- CyberMiles (CMT) traded 9.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.33 or 0.00002967 BTC.
- Einsteinium (EMC2) traded down 4.2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.64 or 0.00005674 BTC.
- Viacoin (VIA) traded down 12.9% against the dollar and now trades at $4.24 or 0.00037749 BTC.
- Gulden (NLG) traded 6.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.24 or 0.00002104 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Litecoin LTC – provides faster transaction confirmations (2.5 minutes on average) and uses a memory-hard, scrypt-based mining proof-of-work algorithm to target the regular computers and GPUs most people already have – which are its main differentials to Bitcoin. The Litecoin network is scheduled to produce 84 million currency units with a halving in reward every four years just like bitcoin. The coin was created by a Google employee, Charles Lee. Litecoin is in second spot to Bitcoin and has spawned numerous clones – however it has a solid base of support and dedicated development team.The Litecoin project is currently maintained by a core group of 6 software developers, led by Charles Lee, with a large community that is growing in support.In May 2017, Litecoin became the first of the Top 5 (By Market Cap) cryptocurrencies to implement the SegWit scaling solution. Later in May of the same year, the first Lightning Network transaction was completed through litecoin, transferring 0.00000001 LTC from Zurich to San Francisco in under one second.”
Litecoin Coin Trading
Litecoin can be traded on these cryptocurrency exchanges: BitFlip, Bitfinex, LiteBit.eu, Coinsquare, Bit-Z, COSS, BX Thailand, BTC Trade UA, Abucoins, Bittylicious, Coinrail, Binance, BitKonan, TOPBTC, CoinsBank, CoinFalcon, OKEx, Mr. Exchange, BTC Markets, Koineks, Allcoin, BITHOLIC, Coinone, WEX, Huobi, Bitsane, Poloniex, Cryptomate, BitBay, GOPAX, Bleutrade, Tux Exchange, AEX, Cryptopia, Tidex, Mercado Bitcoin, Livecoin, Mercatox, CoinExchange, BitGrail, SouthXchange, RippleFox, OkCoin Intl., Bits Blockchain, LocalTrade, TDAX, BtcTrade.im, Exmo, Bibox, Bitso, xBTCe, VirtacoinWorld, Bisq, Coinut, Bit2C, CoolCoin, Coinroom, Bithumb, Braziliex, Upbit, Bitbank, Qryptos, HitBTC, BTC-Alpha, Tripe Dice Exchange, Bitstamp, CoinEgg, CoinEx, Koinim, Exrates, Cryptox, Kucoin, Waves Decentralized Exchange, Bitlish, ZB.COM, BigONE, GDAX, Coingi, Bitmaszyna, Stocks.Exchange, Gate.io, DSX, Liqui, Coinhouse, CryptoBridge, OKCoin.cn, Coinbene, BitMarket, ChaoEX, BCEX, QuadrigaCX, FreiExchange, Kraken, The Rock Trading, Trade Satoshi, Bittrex, NIX-E, Altcoin Trader, Bitcoin Indonesia, C-CEX, Gatecoin, Koinex, Bitinka, OpenLedger DEX, RightBTC, YoBit, Dgtmarket, EXX and Negocie Coins. Investors seeking to acquire Litecoin using U.S. dollars directly can do so using Coinbase, Gemini or Changelly.
Receive News & Updates for Litecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Litecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.