Monero (CURRENCY:XMR) traded down 4.4% against the U.S. dollar during the 1-day period ending at 13:00 PM Eastern on January 29th. Monero has a market capitalization of $4.97 billion and $63.14 million worth of Monero was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. During the last seven days, Monero has traded 2.5% higher against the U.S. dollar. One Monero coin can currently be purchased for about $317.49 or 0.02832120 BTC on popular exchanges including Upbit, BTC-Alpha, Binance and Bithumb.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed during the last 24 hours:
- Bytecoin (BCN) traded 3.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0071 or 0.00000064 BTC.
- DigitalNote (XDN) traded down 8.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0329 or 0.00000293 BTC.
- Aeon (AEON) traded 7.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $4.50 or 0.00040140 BTC.
- Boolberry (BBR) traded up 0.9% against the dollar and now trades at $2.85 or 0.00025450 BTC.
- Sumokoin (SUMO) traded down 7.5% against the dollar and now trades at $4.63 or 0.00041274 BTC.
- IntenseCoin (ITNS) traded 8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0270 or 0.00000241 BTC.
- Karbo (KRB) traded 3.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.26 or 0.00011271 BTC.
- LeviarCoin (XLC) traded down 12.5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.31 or 0.00002750 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Monero (XMR) is a cryptonight algorithm based alternative crypto currency. The coin is based on Proof of Work and has a block reward that varies smoothly. The difficulty retargets every block with a sixty second block target. Monero uses a Ring Signature system to protect your privacy, allowing users to make untraceable transactions. “
Buying and Selling Monero
Monero can be purchased on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Kraken, Abucoins, OKEx, Cryptomate, Bittrex, Poloniex, Binance, Gate.io, Mercatox, SouthXchange, Bisq, Tux Exchange, Qryptos, Exrates, HitBTC, Upbit, Livecoin, Braziliex, Bithumb, Cryptox, Exmo, Coinroom, Cryptopia, Bitfinex, BTC-Alpha and LiteBit.eu. It is not possible to buy Monero directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Monero must first buy Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Changelly, Gemini or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to buy Monero using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Monero Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Monero and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.