Ripple (CURRENCY:XRP) traded 2% higher against the dollar during the twenty-four hour period ending at 13:00 PM ET on January 29th. Ripple has a total market cap of $51.93 billion and $1.45 billion worth of Ripple was traded on exchanges in the last day. One Ripple coin can now be purchased for $1.34 or 0.00011933 BTC on popular cryptocurrency exchanges including Bitso, Bithumb, Upbit and Rippex. Over the last seven days, Ripple has traded up 8.1% against the dollar.
Here is how other cryptocurrencies have performed over the last day:
- Stellar (XLM) traded down 6.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.59 or 0.00005244 BTC.
- NEO (NEO) traded up 7.3% against the dollar and now trades at $160.22 or 0.01426210 BTC.
- IOTA (MIOTA) traded up 0.2% against the dollar and now trades at $2.49 or 0.00022141 BTC.
- TRON (TRX) traded 2.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0644 or 0.00000574 BTC.
- VeChain (VEN) traded 3.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $6.54 or 0.00058239 BTC.
- Populous (PPT) traded 4.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $67.15 or 0.00597733 BTC.
- Tether (USDT) traded 0.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.99 or 0.00008824 BTC.
- Binance Coin (BNB) traded 4.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $12.91 or 0.00114901 BTC.
- Status (SNT) traded 4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.29 or 0.00002606 BTC.
- Walton (WTC) traded 10.9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $40.07 or 0.00356665 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Ripple positions itself as a complement to, rather than a competitor with, Bitcoin – the site has a page dedicated to Ripple for bitcoiners. Ripple is a distributed network which means transactions occur immediately across the network – and as it is peer to peer – the network is resilient to systemic risk. Ripples aren't mined – unlike bitcoin and its peers – but each transaction destroys a small amount of XRP which adds a deflationary measure into the system. There are 100 billion XRP at present.”
Buying and Selling Ripple
Ripple can be purchased on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Bithumb, Kraken, Coinrail, Exmo, Coinbene, Tripe Dice Exchange, Bitso, BitFlip, Poloniex, CEX.IO, Bitsane, RippleFox, HitBTC, Upbit, CoinEgg, Bitinka, Binance, BTC Markets, Cryptomate, Bitcoin Indonesia, Qryptos, Bitbank, Bitstamp (Ripple Gateway), Abucoins, Ripple China, BX Thailand, LiteBit.eu, Bittrex, Bitstamp, Coinone, Bitfinex, Gate.io, Korbit, Altcoin Trader, Rippex, Mr. Exchange, BCEX, The Rock Trading, Koinex, Exrates, ZB.COM, Gatehub, Huobi, Bits Blockchain, Stellar Decentralized Exchange and AEX. It is not possible to buy Ripple directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Ripple must first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as GDAX, Coinbase or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Ripple using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Ripple Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Ripple and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.