Siacoin (CURRENCY:SC) traded 7.4% lower against the US dollar during the one day period ending at 13:00 PM Eastern on January 29th. One Siacoin coin can currently be purchased for about $0.0419 or 0.00000373 BTC on cryptocurrency exchanges including Poloniex, Abucoins, BITHOLIC and Upbit. In the last seven days, Siacoin has traded 11.8% higher against the US dollar. Siacoin has a market capitalization of $1.32 billion and approximately $42.82 million worth of Siacoin was traded on exchanges in the last day.
Here is how related cryptocurrencies have performed in the last day:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded 3.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $11,365.90 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Ethereum (ETH) traded 3.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1,188.88 or 0.10570700 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded down 3% against the dollar and now trades at $1,672.61 or 0.14871700 BTC.
- Litecoin (LTC) traded 3.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $181.72 or 0.01615740 BTC.
- Monero (XMR) traded 3.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $319.55 or 0.02841190 BTC.
- Ethereum Classic (ETC) traded 4.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $32.00 or 0.00284489 BTC.
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded 3.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $183.01 or 0.01627200 BTC.
- RaiBlocks (XRB) traded 4.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $18.40 or 0.00163615 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded 5.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $5.97 or 0.00053102 BTC.
- Zcash (ZEC) traded down 4.7% against the dollar and now trades at $447.38 or 0.03977760 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Sia is an actively developed decentralized storage platform. Users all over the world contribute disk storage from their computers to form a decentralized network. Anybody with siacoins can rent storage from hosts on Sia. This is accomplish via “smart” storage contracts stored on the Sia blockchain. The smart contract provides a payment to the host only after the host has kept the file for a given amount of time. If the host loses the file, the host does not get paid. The distrubuted nature of the Sia network enables many optimizations in latency, throughput, reliability, and security. The decentralized nature of the Sia network enables anyone with storage to get paid, lowering the barrier to entry and reducing the overall price of cloud storage. The Sia cryptocurrency is live! You can rent storage using siacoins and hosts providing storage to the network receive compensation in the form of siacoins. The storage platform itself is still in beta, and only uploads that are 500mb or less in size are supported by the wallet. “
Buying and Selling Siacoin
Siacoin can be purchased on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Bisq, HitBTC, Poloniex, Bittrex, BITHOLIC, Upbit and Abucoins. It is not possible to purchase Siacoin directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to trade Siacoin must first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as GDAX, Changelly or Coinbase. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Siacoin using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Siacoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Siacoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.