Namecoin (CURRENCY:NMC) traded down 4.7% against the dollar during the one day period ending at 15:00 PM Eastern on February 11th. Over the last seven days, Namecoin has traded down 13.2% against the dollar. One Namecoin coin can currently be bought for about $2.37 or 0.00028511 BTC on cryptocurrency exchanges including Livecoin, WEX, Poloniex and Bleutrade. Namecoin has a market capitalization of $34.88 million and $151,746.00 worth of Namecoin was traded on exchanges in the last day.
Here is how related cryptocurrencies have performed over the last day:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded 0.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $8,361.23 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded 2.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $1,257.04 or 0.15134400 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded down 4.9% against the dollar and now trades at $4.05 or 0.00048723 BTC.
- PACcoin (PAC) traded 8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0000 or 0.00000000 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded 1.9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $28.48 or 0.00342775 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded down 0.7% against the dollar and now trades at $2.57 or 0.00030920 BTC.
- Unobtanium (UNO) traded up 12.2% against the dollar and now trades at $153.05 or 0.01843800 BTC.
- ATBCoin (ATB) traded 0.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.39 or 0.00004722 BTC.
- CHIPS (CHIPS) traded 23.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.39 or 0.00004656 BTC.
- Terracoin (TRC) traded 5.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.20 or 0.00002404 BTC.
Namecoin Coin Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “Namecoin s a cryptocurrency which also acts as an alternative, decentralized DNS, which would avoid domain name censorship by making a new top level domain outside of ICANN control. The coin is designed to halve every four years with the same cap limit as Bitcoin of 21,000,000. With the domain registry service a small number of NMC will be destroyed so after mining has finished there will still be a deflationary ellement in place. Namecoin was the first coin to switch to merged mining. “
Buying and Selling Namecoin
Namecoin can be traded on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: SouthXchange, Bittylicious, Altcoin Trader, WEX, Tux Exchange, Bleutrade, Livecoin, Poloniex, YoBit, BX Thailand and Cryptopia. It is not possible to buy Namecoin directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Namecoin must first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Coinbase, GDAX or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Namecoin using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Namecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Namecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.