Obsidian (CURRENCY:ODN) traded 14.7% lower against the US dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 19:00 PM Eastern on February 11th. During the last week, Obsidian has traded down 1% against the US dollar. One Obsidian coin can now be bought for approximately $0.45 or 0.00005577 BTC on cryptocurrency exchanges including Cryptopia, C-CEX and HitBTC. Obsidian has a total market cap of $11.26 million and $34,183.00 worth of Obsidian was traded on exchanges in the last day.
Here is how related cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- Cardano (ADA) traded down 8.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.37 or 0.00004551 BTC.
- Qtum (QTUM) traded 7.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $27.51 or 0.00340661 BTC.
- OmiseGO (OMG) traded 4.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $11.85 or 0.00146755 BTC.
- BitShares (BTS) traded 3.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.24 or 0.00002926 BTC.
- Ardor (ARDR) traded 4.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.49 or 0.00006073 BTC.
- Particl (PART) traded down 11.6% against the dollar and now trades at $22.07 or 0.00273303 BTC.
- Raiden Network Token (RDN) traded down 5.9% against the dollar and now trades at $2.53 or 0.00031342 BTC.
- BitBay (BAY) traded 7.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0683 or 0.00000846 BTC.
- Quantum Resistant Ledger (QRL) traded down 8.5% against the dollar and now trades at $1.28 or 0.00015901 BTC.
- ION (ION) traded down 7.2% against the dollar and now trades at $2.79 or 0.00034577 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Obsidian is a PoS cryptocurrency for popular use. It uses the more energy efficient SHA-512 hash algorithm to optimize for use on mobile devices and improved quantum computing resilience. ODN uses the proof-of-stake consensus strategy and pays a block reward of 20 ODN, which is equivalent to an interest rate of about 10%. In addition, Obsidian is the currency that powers to future Obsidian Secure Anonymous Messenger economy. The Obsidian Secure Anonymous Messenger allows for sending end-to-end encrypted messages, media, and files and is optimized for anonymity of communication and metadata protection/avoidance and does not require any user accounts, phone number or personal email address which could identify its users. The message transport will be accomplished by a decentralized network of special messaging masternodes that can be run by anyone by simply installing the respective software. Running messaging masternodes will be rewarded in Obsidian currency, so that messenger users and messenger masternode hosters form an economy which is independent from any company or country and maintained only by the open source community. Obsidian has an active Slack community in English with channels in русский and 中文, which welcomes traders, entrepreneurs, developers and everyone interested in science and innovation to share knowledge and learn. According to the White Paper, the current circulating supply is 24.4M. “
Buying and Selling Obsidian
Obsidian can be bought or sold on these cryptocurrency exchanges: HitBTC, C-CEX and Cryptopia. It is not possible to purchase Obsidian directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Obsidian must first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Gemini, GDAX or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Obsidian using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Obsidian Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Obsidian and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.