Peercoin (CURRENCY:PPC) traded 1.4% lower against the US dollar during the one day period ending at 12:00 PM E.T. on February 11th. In the last seven days, Peercoin has traded 2.4% lower against the US dollar. Peercoin has a market cap of $84.17 million and approximately $625,082.00 worth of Peercoin was traded on exchanges in the last day. One Peercoin coin can currently be bought for approximately $3.42 or 0.00041607 BTC on popular cryptocurrency exchanges including OpenLedger DEX, Bit-Z, The Rock Trading and Bittrex.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed in the last day:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded down 2.2% against the dollar and now trades at $8,271.67 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded 1.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $1,246.85 or 0.15170700 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded down 6.5% against the dollar and now trades at $3.99 or 0.00048541 BTC.
- Experience Points (XP) traded 2.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0008 or 0.00000010 BTC.
- Emercoin (EMC) traded 5.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $3.75 or 0.00045630 BTC.
- BitcoinDark (BTCD) traded 7.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $99.76 or 0.01213770 BTC.
- PACcoin (PAC) traded 11.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0000 or 0.00000000 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded down 5.1% against the dollar and now trades at $27.52 or 0.00334820 BTC.
- BitBean (BITB) traded down 1.5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0255 or 0.00000172 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded 0.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $2.61 or 0.00031756 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “A peer-to-peer crypto-currency design derived from Satoshi Nakamoto's Bitcoin. Proof-of-Stake replaces Proof-of-Work to provide most of the network security. Under this hybrid design proof-of-work mainly provides initial minting and is largely non-essential in the long run. Security level of the network is not highly enery dependent thus providing an energy efficient and more cost-competitive peer-to-peer crypto-currency. Proof-of-Stake is based on coin age and generated by each node via a hashing scheme bearing similarity to Bitcoins but over limited search space. Block chain history and transaction settlement are further protected by a centrally broadcasted checkpoint mechanism. “
Peercoin Coin Trading
Peercoin can be traded on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: BX Thailand, SouthXchange, Bittrex, Cryptopia, WEX, Coingi, OpenLedger DEX, Bit-Z, LiteBit.eu, Livecoin, Bleutrade, HitBTC, Tux Exchange, Poloniex, The Rock Trading, YoBit and Bittylicious. It is not possible to purchase Peercoin directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Peercoin must first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Coinbase, Changelly or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Peercoin using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Peercoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Peercoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.