A number of research firms have changed their ratings and price targets for Merck & Co., Inc. (NYSE: MRK):
- 2/7/2018 – Merck & Co., Inc. had its price target raised by analysts at Morgan Stanley from $60.00 to $63.00. They now have an “equal weight” rating on the stock.
- 2/6/2018 – Merck & Co., Inc. had its price target lowered by analysts at Leerink Swann from $69.00 to $67.00. They now have a “market perform” rating on the stock.
- 2/5/2018 – Merck & Co., Inc. had its price target lowered by analysts at Credit Suisse Group AG from $67.00 to $66.00. They now have an “outperform” rating on the stock.
- 2/2/2018 – Merck & Co., Inc. was downgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 1/17/2018 – Merck & Co., Inc. had its price target raised by analysts at BMO Capital Markets from $68.00 to $72.00. They now have an “outperform” rating on the stock.
- 1/16/2018 – Merck & Co., Inc. had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Jefferies Group LLC. They now have a $55.00 price target on the stock.
- 1/16/2018 – Merck & Co., Inc. was upgraded by analysts at SunTrust Banks, Inc. from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $72.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $54.00.
- 1/16/2018 – Merck & Co., Inc. was given a new $68.00 price target on by analysts at BMO Capital Markets. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 1/10/2018 – Merck & Co., Inc. was upgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating.
Shares of Merck & Co., Inc. (NYSE MRK) traded up $0.56 during mid-day trading on Monday, reaching $55.43. The company had a trading volume of 12,652,181 shares, compared to its average volume of 14,490,000. The stock has a market cap of $151,020.00, a price-to-earnings ratio of 59.60, a price-to-earnings-growth ratio of 2.46 and a beta of 0.75. The company has a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.57, a current ratio of 1.43 and a quick ratio of 1.16. Merck & Co., Inc. has a one year low of $53.36 and a one year high of $66.80.
Merck & Co., Inc. (NYSE:MRK) last issued its earnings results on Friday, February 2nd. The company reported $0.98 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, topping the Zacks’ consensus estimate of $0.94 by $0.04. The company had revenue of $10.43 billion during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $10.48 billion. Merck & Co., Inc. had a return on equity of 27.73% and a net margin of 6.40%. The firm’s quarterly revenue was up 3.1% on a year-over-year basis. During the same quarter last year, the business posted $0.89 EPS. equities analysts predict that Merck & Co., Inc. will post 4.15 earnings per share for the current year.
In related news, Director Wendell P. Weeks sold 5,000 shares of the firm’s stock in a transaction on Friday, February 9th. The stock was sold at an average price of $53.57, for a total value of $267,850.00. Following the completion of the transaction, the director now owns 5,100 shares in the company, valued at approximately $273,207. The sale was disclosed in a document filed with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is accessible through this hyperlink. Also, insider Weir Mirian M. Graddick sold 60,000 shares of the stock in a transaction dated Tuesday, January 16th. The stock was sold at an average price of $61.63, for a total value of $3,697,800.00. Following the sale, the insider now directly owns 101,484 shares in the company, valued at $6,254,458.92. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. Insiders sold a total of 82,500 shares of company stock valued at $5,026,025 in the last 90 days. 0.25% of the stock is currently owned by company insiders.
Merck & Co, Inc is a global healthcare company. The Company offers health solutions through its prescription medicines, vaccines, biologic therapies and animal health products. It operates through four segments: Pharmaceutical, Animal Health, Healthcare Services and Alliances. The Company’s Pharmaceutical segment includes human health pharmaceutical and vaccine products marketed either directly by the Company or through joint ventures.
Receive News & Ratings for Merck & Co Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Merck & Co Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.