A number of firms have modified their ratings and price targets on shares of U.S. Bancorp (NYSE: USB) recently:
- 2/2/2018 – U.S. Bancorp was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $64.00 price target on the stock. According to Zacks, “Shares of U.S. Bancorp have underperformed the industry over the last six months. However, the company boasts an impressive earnings surprise history. It has surpassed the Zacks Consensus Estimate for earnings in three out of the trailing four quarters. The company’s fourth-quarter 2017 earnings were aided by easing margin pressure on rising rates. Elevated average loans and deposit balances reflected organic growth. U.S. Bancorp's prospects will likely get support from its solid business model, core franchise, lower tax rate and diverse revenue streams. Also, the company’s organic growth remains solid and is likely to benefit from the improving economic scenario. However, escalating expenses and litigations remain key concerns. Additionally, stretched valuation underlines limited upside potential.”
- 2/2/2018 – U.S. Bancorp had its price target raised by analysts at Morgan Stanley from $60.00 to $61.00. They now have an “underweight” rating on the stock.
- 1/31/2018 – U.S. Bancorp was downgraded by analysts at JPMorgan Chase & Co. from a “neutral” rating to an “underweight” rating. They now have a $58.50 price target on the stock.
- 1/25/2018 – U.S. Bancorp had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Vining Sparks. They now have a $61.00 price target on the stock. They wrote, “We believe USB’s current stock price, which reflects a 14.2x price-to-earnings multiple on our 2018E estimate, incorporates much of the expected 19% earnings per share growth that we expect USB to produce in 2018E. Thus, we believe USB’s stock price should only appreciate another 6% with around a 2% dividend yield over the next year.””
- 1/25/2018 – U.S. Bancorp was upgraded by analysts at Deutsche Bank AG from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $63.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $60.00.
- 1/18/2018 – U.S. Bancorp had its price target raised by analysts at Royal Bank of Canada to $61.00. They now have an “outperform” rating on the stock.
- 1/17/2018 – U.S. Bancorp had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Oppenheimer Holdings Inc..
- 1/8/2018 – U.S. Bancorp had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Jefferies Group LLC. They now have a $63.00 price target on the stock.
- 1/8/2018 – U.S. Bancorp had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Vining Sparks. They now have a $64.00 price target on the stock.
- 1/5/2018 – U.S. Bancorp was upgraded by analysts at Piper Jaffray Companies from a “neutral” rating to an “overweight” rating. They now have a $61.00 price target on the stock.
- 1/2/2018 – U.S. Bancorp had its price target raised by analysts at Barclays PLC from $60.00 to $65.00. They now have an “overweight” rating on the stock.
Shares of U.S. Bancorp (USB) traded up $0.34 during mid-day trading on Monday, reaching $54.09. 515,541 shares of the company’s stock were exchanged, compared to its average volume of 7,619,979. The firm has a market capitalization of $89,010.00, a PE ratio of 15.37, a P/E/G ratio of 1.78 and a beta of 0.87. The company has a current ratio of 0.82, a quick ratio of 0.81 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.73. U.S. Bancorp has a 12-month low of $49.53 and a 12-month high of $58.50.
U.S. Bancorp (NYSE:USB) last announced its quarterly earnings results on Wednesday, January 17th. The financial services provider reported $0.88 EPS for the quarter, beating analysts’ consensus estimates of $0.87 by $0.01. The firm had revenue of $5.64 billion during the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $5.59 billion. U.S. Bancorp had a net margin of 25.91% and a return on equity of 13.89%. The company’s revenue for the quarter was up 3.7% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same quarter last year, the company posted $0.82 earnings per share. research analysts expect that U.S. Bancorp will post 4.03 EPS for the current fiscal year.
U.S. Bancorp is a multi-state financial services holding company. The Company provides a full range of financial services, including lending and depository services, cash management, capital markets, and trust and investment management services. It also engages in credit card services, merchant and automated teller machine (ATM) processing, mortgage banking, insurance, brokerage and leasing.
Receive News & Ratings for US Bancorp Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for US Bancorp and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.