Several brokerages have updated their recommendations and price targets on shares of Valero Energy (NYSE: VLO) in the last few weeks:
- 2/7/2018 – Valero Energy was upgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 2/1/2018 – Valero Energy had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Cowen Inc. They now have a $100.00 price target on the stock.
- 1/30/2018 – Valero Energy had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Royal Bank of Canada. They now have a $110.00 price target on the stock.
- 1/24/2018 – Valero Energy had its price target raised by analysts at Bank of America Corp from $102.00 to $105.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 1/24/2018 – Valero Energy had its price target raised by analysts at Citigroup Inc from $76.00 to $96.00. They now have a “neutral” rating on the stock.
- 1/22/2018 – Valero Energy had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Piper Jaffray Companies. They now have a $98.00 price target on the stock.
- 1/3/2018 – Valero Energy is now covered by analysts at Credit Suisse Group AG. They set a “neutral” rating and a $91.00 price target on the stock.
- 12/31/2017 – Valero Energy was upgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 12/22/2017 – Valero Energy had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Scotiabank. They now have a $93.00 price target on the stock.
Shares of Valero Energy Co. (VLO) traded up $0.79 during trading on Monday, hitting $89.01. The company’s stock had a trading volume of 1,563,031 shares, compared to its average volume of 3,470,990. Valero Energy Co. has a one year low of $60.69 and a one year high of $99.95. The stock has a market cap of $38,603.39, a price-to-earnings ratio of 9.63, a PEG ratio of 1.10 and a beta of 0.99. The company has a current ratio of 1.91, a quick ratio of 1.24 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.39.
Valero Energy (NYSE:VLO) last issued its quarterly earnings results on Thursday, February 1st. The oil and gas company reported $1.16 earnings per share for the quarter, topping analysts’ consensus estimates of $1.08 by $0.08. Valero Energy had a return on equity of 10.55% and a net margin of 4.33%. The company had revenue of $26.39 billion for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $23.02 billion. During the same quarter in the prior year, the company posted $0.81 EPS. The business’s revenue for the quarter was up 27.4% compared to the same quarter last year. analysts forecast that Valero Energy Co. will post 7.23 EPS for the current fiscal year.
In other news, CFO Michael S. Ciskowski sold 251,530 shares of the company’s stock in a transaction on Wednesday, January 3rd. The stock was sold at an average price of $93.29, for a total transaction of $23,465,233.70. Following the completion of the sale, the chief financial officer now directly owns 309,119 shares in the company, valued at approximately $28,837,711.51. The transaction was disclosed in a legal filing with the SEC, which is available at this link. Also, Director Philip J. Pfeiffer sold 1,500 shares of the company’s stock in a transaction on Tuesday, November 14th. The stock was sold at an average price of $81.42, for a total value of $122,130.00. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. In the last three months, insiders have sold 299,687 shares of company stock worth $27,733,958. Corporate insiders own 0.45% of the company’s stock.
Valero Energy Corporation (Valero) is an independent petroleum refiner and ethanol producer. The Company’s segments include refining, ethanol and Valero Energy Partners LP (VLP). The refining segment includes its refining operations and the associated marketing activities. The ethanol segment includes its ethanol operations and the associated marketing activities, and logistics assets that support its ethanol operations.
Receive News & Ratings for Valero Energy Co Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Valero Energy Co and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.