A number of research firms have changed their ratings and price targets for AvalonBay Communities (NYSE: AVB):
- 2/9/2018 – AvalonBay Communities was given a new $185.00 price target on by analysts at Mizuho. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 2/9/2018 – AvalonBay Communities was upgraded by analysts at Zelman & Associates from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 2/8/2018 – AvalonBay Communities was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating. According to Zacks, “Shares of AvalonBay have underperformed its industry over the past month. Moreover, the stock has seen the Zacks Consensus Estimate for 2018 funds from operations (FFO) per share being revised downward in a week’s time. Notably, the company recently delivered a better-than-expected core funds from operations (FFO) per share figure for fourth-quarter 2017. Results highlight growth in average rental rates. Additionally, economic occupancy managed to increase slightly in the quarter. The company also announced a hike in quarterly dividend. However, new apartment deliveries are anticipated to remain elevated in the company’s markets in 2018. Particularly, supply continues to be most noticeable in the urban submarkets. Hence, growth in its stabilized portfolio is likely to remain moderate in the upcoming period. Furthermore, high concession activity amid higher supply remains a concern.”
- 2/2/2018 – AvalonBay Communities had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at SunTrust Banks, Inc.. They now have a $186.00 price target on the stock.
- 2/2/2018 – AvalonBay Communities was downgraded by analysts at Sandler O’Neill from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 2/1/2018 – AvalonBay Communities had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Cantor Fitzgerald. They now have a $185.00 price target on the stock. They wrote, “Core FFO/sh. of $2.25 for 4Q17 was in line with Cantor/FactSet consensus. The line-item variance to our estimates included higher NOI offset by higher interest expense. The SS revenue growth rate of 2.2% was unchanged seq. Expenses were up 2.7% (+30bps seq.), with real estate taxes up 5.2%. As a result, the SSNOI growth rate was 2.0% (-10bps seq.). Occupancy was 95.5%, and turn declined by 250bps.””
- 1/31/2018 – AvalonBay Communities had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at BMO Capital Markets. They now have a $187.00 price target on the stock.
- 1/30/2018 – AvalonBay Communities had its price target lowered by analysts at Barclays PLC from $189.00 to $186.00. They now have an “equal weight” rating on the stock.
- 1/22/2018 – AvalonBay Communities was given a new $194.00 price target on by analysts at SunTrust Banks, Inc.. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 1/19/2018 – AvalonBay Communities had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Stifel Nicolaus. They now have a $185.00 price target on the stock.
- 1/9/2018 – AvalonBay Communities had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Robert W. Baird. They now have a $187.00 price target on the stock.
- 12/15/2017 – AvalonBay Communities was downgraded by analysts at JPMorgan Chase & Co. from an “overweight” rating to a “neutral” rating. They now have a $211.00 price target on the stock.
AvalonBay Communities Inc (NYSE:AVB) opened at $159.61 on Monday. AvalonBay Communities Inc has a 1-year low of $154.82 and a 1-year high of $199.52. The stock has a market cap of $22,040.21, a PE ratio of 25.10, a P/E/G ratio of 2.45 and a beta of 0.34. The company has a current ratio of 0.10, a quick ratio of 0.10 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.71.
AvalonBay Communities (NYSE:AVB) last announced its earnings results on Wednesday, January 31st. The real estate investment trust reported $2.25 earnings per share for the quarter, topping the Zacks’ consensus estimate of $1.22 by $1.03. AvalonBay Communities had a net margin of 40.62% and a return on equity of 8.57%. The company had revenue of $555.29 million during the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $554.20 million. During the same period in the previous year, the firm posted $2.12 earnings per share. The company’s revenue was up 7.1% on a year-over-year basis. equities analysts predict that AvalonBay Communities Inc will post 9.02 earnings per share for the current fiscal year.
In other AvalonBay Communities news, insider Leo S. Horey III sold 2,000 shares of the business’s stock in a transaction dated Monday, December 4th. The shares were sold at an average price of $181.89, for a total value of $363,780.00. The sale was disclosed in a filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is available through this link. Also, CEO Timothy J. Naughton sold 25,160 shares of the business’s stock in a transaction dated Tuesday, December 12th. The stock was sold at an average price of $183.84, for a total transaction of $4,625,414.40. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. Over the last ninety days, insiders sold 30,660 shares of company stock valued at $5,628,669. Insiders own 0.46% of the company’s stock.
AvalonBay Communities, Inc is a real estate investment trust (REIT). The Company is focused on the development, redevelopment, acquisition, ownership and operation of multifamily communities primarily in New England, the New York/New Jersey metro area, the Mid-Atlantic, the Pacific Northwest, and Northern and Southern California.
Receive News & Ratings for AvalonBay Communities Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for AvalonBay Communities Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.