Intuit (NASDAQ: INTU) recently received a number of ratings updates from brokerages and research firms:
- 2/12/2018 – Intuit had its price target raised by analysts at Deutsche Bank AG from $180.00 to $190.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 1/29/2018 – Intuit had its price target raised by analysts at Oppenheimer Holdings Inc. from $166.00 to $181.00. They now have an “outperform” rating on the stock.
- 1/29/2018 – Intuit had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Citigroup Inc. They now have a $170.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $157.00.
- 1/23/2018 – Intuit was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “Intuit has outperformed the industry in the last one year. Estimates have moved up in the last 7 days. We are optimistic on Intuit’s growing SMB exposure and believe that its strategic acquisitions will fortify this segment. Due to the continuously emerging new technologies and current market trends, cloud-based business and financial software solutions have been gaining momentum. As Intuit is already a market leader in this segment, the increased adoption helped it gain new customers, in turn, boosting the overall performance. Moreover, the company’s strategy of shifting its business to cloud-based subscription model will help generate more stable revenues over the long run. Nonetheless, management’s comment on increasing investments in engineering and marketing to grab the growing opportunity globally makes us slightly cautious as it may negatively impact its near-term bottom-line results.”
- 1/9/2018 – Intuit had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Deutsche Bank AG. They now have a $180.00 price target on the stock.
- 1/9/2018 – Intuit had its “outperform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Credit Suisse Group AG. They now have a $185.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $170.00.
- 1/4/2018 – Intuit had its price target raised by analysts at JPMorgan Chase & Co. to $163.00. They now have a “neutral” rating on the stock.
Intuit Inc. (NASDAQ INTU) traded up $4.31 during midday trading on Monday, reaching $157.06. 2,175,600 shares of the company’s stock were exchanged, compared to its average volume of 1,240,341. Intuit Inc. has a 52 week low of $114.80 and a 52 week high of $170.59. The company has a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.35, a current ratio of 0.67 and a quick ratio of 0.67. The firm has a market capitalization of $40,152.37, a PE ratio of 41.66, a P/E/G ratio of 2.83 and a beta of 1.19.
Intuit (NASDAQ:INTU) last posted its earnings results on Monday, November 20th. The software maker reported $0.11 EPS for the quarter, beating the Zacks’ consensus estimate of ($0.19) by $0.30. Intuit had a net margin of 18.62% and a return on equity of 77.56%. The company had revenue of $886.00 million for the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $855.74 million. During the same quarter in the prior year, the company posted $0.06 earnings per share. Intuit’s revenue for the quarter was up 13.9% compared to the same quarter last year. equities research analysts anticipate that Intuit Inc. will post 4.02 EPS for the current fiscal year.
In other Intuit news, EVP Henry Tayloe Stansbury sold 2,158 shares of the business’s stock in a transaction dated Wednesday, December 27th. The shares were sold at an average price of $158.94, for a total transaction of $342,992.52. Following the sale, the executive vice president now directly owns 3,050 shares in the company, valued at $484,767. The sale was disclosed in a legal filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which can be accessed through the SEC website. Also, CEO Brad D. Smith sold 110,496 shares of the business’s stock in a transaction dated Wednesday, November 22nd. The stock was sold at an average price of $151.40, for a total transaction of $16,729,094.40. Following the sale, the chief executive officer now owns 399,246 shares in the company, valued at $60,445,844.40. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. Insiders have sold 965,938 shares of company stock worth $149,469,127 over the last quarter. Insiders own 5.59% of the company’s stock.
Intuit Inc is a provider of business and financial management solutions for small businesses, consumers and accounting professionals. The Company operates through three segments: Small Business, Consumer Tax and ProConnect. The Small Business segment serves and advises small businesses and the accounting professionals, and includes QuickBooks financial and business management online services and desktop software, payroll solutions, and payment processing solutions.
Receive News & Ratings for Intuit Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Intuit Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.