A number of firms have modified their ratings and price targets on shares of Coty (NYSE: COTY) recently:
- 2/12/2018 – Coty had its price target raised by analysts at JPMorgan Chase & Co. from $15.00 to $17.00. They now have an “underweight” rating on the stock.
- 2/10/2018 – Coty was given a new $20.00 price target on by analysts at Barclays PLC. They now have a “hold” rating on the stock.
- 2/9/2018 – Coty had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Stifel Nicolaus.
- 2/9/2018 – Coty had its price target raised by analysts at Citigroup Inc from $21.00 to $23.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 2/9/2018 – Coty had its price target raised by analysts at BMO Capital Markets from $22.00 to $24.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 12/21/2017 – Coty was upgraded by analysts at Royal Bank of Canada from a “sector perform” rating to an “outperform” rating.
Coty Inc (NYSE:COTY) traded up $0.56 on Monday, hitting $20.42. 9,900,952 shares of the company’s stock traded hands, compared to its average volume of 5,450,237. Coty Inc has a twelve month low of $14.24 and a twelve month high of $21.17. The company has a market cap of $14,884.89, a P/E ratio of -40.04, a PEG ratio of 1.93 and a beta of 0.32. The company has a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.76, a current ratio of 0.93 and a quick ratio of 0.66.
Coty (NYSE:COTY) last released its quarterly earnings data on Thursday, February 8th. The company reported $0.32 EPS for the quarter, beating the consensus estimate of $0.24 by $0.08. Coty had a negative net margin of 4.15% and a positive return on equity of 4.45%. The business had revenue of $2.64 billion during the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $2.48 billion. During the same quarter in the prior year, the firm earned $0.30 EPS. The business’s revenue was up 14.8% on a year-over-year basis. analysts forecast that Coty Inc will post 0.7 earnings per share for the current year.
In other Coty news, insider Edgar O. Huber purchased 4,000 shares of the stock in a transaction that occurred on Monday, December 11th. The stock was purchased at an average price of $17.74 per share, with a total value of $70,960.00. Following the acquisition, the insider now owns 163,570 shares in the company, valued at $2,901,731.80. The purchase was disclosed in a document filed with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which can be accessed through this link. Also, major shareholder Cosmetics B.V. Jab purchased 2,800,000 shares of the stock in a transaction that occurred on Friday, November 17th. The stock was acquired at an average cost of $16.94 per share, with a total value of $47,432,000.00. Following the acquisition, the insider now owns 285,008,041 shares in the company, valued at approximately $4,828,036,214.54. The disclosure for this purchase can be found here. Insiders have acquired a total of 8,204,000 shares of company stock valued at $138,492,960 in the last three months. Insiders own 1.00% of the company’s stock.
Coty Inc is a beauty company. The Company operates through four segments: Fragrances, Color Cosmetics, Skin & Body Care and Brazil Acquisition. Its fragrance products include a range of men’s and women’s products. Its fragrance brands include Calvin Klein, Marc Jacobs, Davidoff, Chloe, Balenciaga, Beyonce, Bottega Veneta, Miu Miu and Roberto Cavalli.
Receive News & Ratings for Coty Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Coty Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.