Bitcoin Cash (CURRENCY:BCH) traded up 2.5% against the US dollar during the twenty-four hour period ending at 8:00 AM E.T. on February 12th. Bitcoin Cash has a total market cap of $21.82 billion and approximately $435.39 million worth of Bitcoin Cash was traded on exchanges in the last day. One Bitcoin Cash coin can now be bought for $1,286.07 or 0.14686000 BTC on exchanges including EXX, Bithumb, Gate.io and Coinsquare. Over the last week, Bitcoin Cash has traded up 28.1% against the US dollar.
Here’s how related cryptocurrencies have performed over the last day:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded 5.6% higher against the dollar and now trades at $8,789.00 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded 1.9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $4.16 or 0.00047557 BTC.
- PACcoin (PAC) traded 2.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0000 or 0.00000000 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded 7.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $29.79 or 0.00340183 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded up 4.2% against the dollar and now trades at $2.75 or 0.00031428 BTC.
- Namecoin (NMC) traded 8.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $2.57 or 0.00029311 BTC.
- Unobtanium (UNO) traded 5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $156.34 or 0.01785290 BTC.
- ATBCoin (ATB) traded up 7.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.42 or 0.00004770 BTC.
- CHIPS (CHIPS) traded 9.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.36 or 0.00004151 BTC.
- Terracoin (TRC) traded 6.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.21 or 0.00002347 BTC.
Bitcoin Cash Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “Bitcoin Cash (BCH) is a hard forked version of the original Bitcoin. It is similar to bitcoin with regards to its protocol; Proof of Work SHA-256 hashing, 21,000,000 supply, same block times and reward system. However two main differences are the the blocksize limits, as of August 2017 Bitcoin has a 1MB blocksize limit whereas BCH proposes 8MB blocks. Also BCH will adjust the difficulty every 6 blocks as opposed to 2016 blocks as with Bitcoin.Bitcoin Cash is a proposal from the viaBTC mining pool and the Bitmain mining group to carry out a UAHF (User Activated Hard Fork) on August 1st 12:20 pm UTC. They rejected the agreed consensus (aka BIP-91 or SegWit2x) and have decided to fork the original Bitcoin blockchain and create this new version called “Bitcoin Cash”. Bitcoin Cash can be claimed by BTC owners who have their private keys or store their Bitcoins on a service that will split BCH for the customer.Specification”
Buying and Selling Bitcoin Cash
Bitcoin Cash can be bought or sold on these cryptocurrency exchanges: CoolCoin, Negocie Coins, BTCBOX, Foxbit, Exmo, ZB.COM, Bittrex, Fisco, YoBit, WEX, Coinnest, EXX, bitFlyer, Poloniex, itBit, Liqui, OKEx, Mr. Exchange, GetBTC, Korbit, Bithumb, BitGrail, Cryptopia, CoinEgg, Bitonic, BTC Markets, Gate.io, Kucoin, BitMEX, GDAX, Paribu, Coinone, BL3P, BTCC, Bibox, Bitfinex, Coinsquare, Binance, Gemini, BX Thailand, BTCTurk, Livecoin, Coinfloor, CoinExchange, xBTCe, QuadrigaCX, Tidex, Zaif, Huobi, Upbit, Allcoin, LakeBTC, BtcTrade.im, HitBTC, Bitstamp, Quoine, Bleutrade, Coinrail, Coinroom, RightBTC, Bit-Z, BitBay, Lbank, Kraken, Independent Reserve, Bitbank, CEX.IO, CoinsBank, Bitcoin Indonesia, ACX, Luno, Gatecoin and Bitso. Investors seeking to trade Bitcoin Cash using U.S. dollars directly can do so using Changelly, Gemini or GDAX.
Receive News & Updates for Bitcoin Cash Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Bitcoin Cash and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.