Bitcoin (CURRENCY:BTC) traded 6.2% higher against the U.S. dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 8:00 AM E.T. on February 12th. Over the last week, Bitcoin has traded up 15% against the U.S. dollar. One Bitcoin coin can currently be purchased for about $8,805.74 on exchanges including YoBit, GDAX, BtcTrade.im and BL3P. Bitcoin has a market capitalization of $148.47 billion and $6.04 billion worth of Bitcoin was traded on exchanges in the last day.
Here is how other cryptocurrencies have performed over the last day:
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded 2.9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $1,289.24 or 0.14662100 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded up 2.8% against the dollar and now trades at $4.19 or 0.00047597 BTC.
- PACcoin (PAC) traded 2.6% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0000 or 0.00000000 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded up 8.9% against the dollar and now trades at $30.13 or 0.00343113 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded 3.9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $2.73 or 0.00031139 BTC.
- Namecoin (NMC) traded up 9.1% against the dollar and now trades at $2.57 or 0.00029392 BTC.
- Unobtanium (UNO) traded 7.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $159.16 or 0.01818720 BTC.
- ATBCoin (ATB) traded 8.6% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.42 or 0.00004767 BTC.
- CHIPS (CHIPS) traded 13.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.35 or 0.00003973 BTC.
- Terracoin (TRC) traded 6.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.21 or 0.00002347 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Bitcoin uses peer-to-peer technology to operate with no central authority or banks; managing transactions and the issuing of bitcoins is carried out collectively by the network. Although other cryptocurrencies have come before, Bitcoin is the first decentralized cryptocurrency – Its reputation has spawned copies and evolution in the space.With the largest variety of markets and the biggest value – having reached a peak of 18 billion USD – Bitcoin is here to stay. As with any new invention, there can be improvements or flaws in the initial model however the community and a team of dedicated developers are pushing to overcome any obstacle they come across. It is also the most traded cryptocurrency and one of the main entry points for all the other cryptocurrencies. The price is as unstable as always and it can go up or down by 10%-20% in a single day.Bitcoin is an SHA-256 POW coin with 21,000,000 total minable coins. The block time is 10 minutes. “
Buying and Selling Bitcoin
Bitcoin can be traded on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Livecoin, Bitso, BL3P, Bittrex, ACX, CoinExchange, HitBTC, CEX.IO, Negocie Coins, GDAX, bitFlyer, BitGrail, CoinsBank, Independent Reserve, Bit-Z, Cryptopia, Foxbit, itBit, Bitcoin Indonesia, QuadrigaCX, Lbank, Coinsquare, Fisco, LakeBTC, BtcTrade.im, xBTCe, Quoine, GetBTC, Binance, Kraken, Zaif, Coinone, Bleutrade, BTC Markets, Korbit, OKEx, Bitstamp, YoBit, Bitbank, BitBay, Gatecoin, BTCC, CoolCoin, BTCBOX, Tidex, Bithumb, ZB.COM, Poloniex, EXX, Bitonic, Gate.io, Upbit, Allcoin, Kucoin, CoinEgg, Coinfloor, BTCTurk, RightBTC, WEX, Liqui, Bibox, Luno, Gemini, Mr. Exchange, Coinroom, BX Thailand, Exmo, Bitfinex, Huobi, Coinnest, BitMEX, Coinrail and Paribu. Investors seeking to acquire Bitcoin using US dollars directly can do so using Changelly, Coinbase or Gemini.
Receive News & Updates for Bitcoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Bitcoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.