Cardano (CURRENCY:ADA) traded 1.3% higher against the U.S. dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 8:00 AM Eastern on February 12th. Cardano has a total market capitalization of $9.99 billion and approximately $245.35 million worth of Cardano was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. One Cardano coin can now be bought for approximately $0.39 or 0.00004399 BTC on exchanges including Binance, Mr. Exchange, Gate.io and Bittrex. During the last week, Cardano has traded up 11.6% against the U.S. dollar.
Here’s how similar cryptocurrencies have performed during the last 24 hours:
- Qtum (QTUM) traded 4.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $29.67 or 0.00338795 BTC.
- OmiseGO (OMG) traded up 5.7% against the dollar and now trades at $12.65 or 0.00144508 BTC.
- BitShares (BTS) traded 3.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.25 or 0.00002853 BTC.
- Ardor (ARDR) traded up 4.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.52 or 0.00005989 BTC.
- Particl (PART) traded 5.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $23.88 or 0.00272723 BTC.
- Raiden Network Token (RDN) traded up 6.5% against the dollar and now trades at $2.71 or 0.00030991 BTC.
- BitBay (BAY) traded up 5.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0740 or 0.00000845 BTC.
- Quantum Resistant Ledger (QRL) traded up 9.1% against the dollar and now trades at $1.42 or 0.00016228 BTC.
- ION (ION) traded 10.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $3.13 or 0.00035687 BTC.
- Rise (RISE) traded up 2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.49 or 0.00005584 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, ” Designed and developed by IOHK in conjunction with the University of Edinburgh, the University of Athens and the University of Connecticut, Cardano SL (or Cardano Settlement Layer) is a Proof of Stake cryptocurrency based on the Haskell implementation of the white paper “Ouroboros: A Provably Secure Proof of Stake Blockchain Protocol” by Aggelos Kiayias, Alexander Russell, Bernardo David and Roman Oliynykov.”
Buying and Selling Cardano
Cardano can be traded on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Bittrex, Binance, Coinnest, Gate.io, Upbit and Mr. Exchange. It is not currently possible to buy Cardano directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to trade Cardano must first buy Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as GDAX, Changelly or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to buy Cardano using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Cardano Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Cardano and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.