A number of research firms have changed their ratings and price targets for Emerson Electric (NYSE: EMR):
- 2/9/2018 – Emerson Electric was upgraded by analysts at JPMorgan Chase & Co. from a “neutral” rating to an “overweight” rating.
- 2/8/2018 – Emerson Electric was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $78.00 price target on the stock. According to Zacks, “Emerson’s first-quarter fiscal 2018 earnings topped the Zacks Consensus Estimate by 7.4%. The outperformance can be attributed to the company’s decent top-line performance. Notably, Emerson’s shares have outpaced the industry in the past six months. Going forward, company is well positioned to benefit from the global infrastructure growth, as its core businesses hold dominant positions in markets tied to energy efficiency and infrastructure spending. The company’s aggressive restructuring actions and strategic divestures look successful. Thriving HVAC and refrigeration business, strength in United States & Asia and high infrastructure spending is expected to drive growth ahead. Despite these positives, prolonged softness in the oil and gas markets, has affected both capital spending and operational expenditure of clients. Moreover, stiff competition and escalating restructuring expenses may weigh on its financials.”
- 2/7/2018 – Emerson Electric had its price target raised by analysts at Robert W. Baird from $70.00 to $76.00. They now have a “neutral” rating on the stock.
- 2/1/2018 – Emerson Electric was downgraded by analysts at JMP Securities from an “outperform” rating to a “market perform” rating. They now have a $56.77 price target on the stock, down previously from $74.45.
- 1/22/2018 – Emerson Electric is now covered by analysts at UBS Group AG. They set a “buy” rating and a $73.26 price target on the stock.
- 1/18/2018 – Emerson Electric had its “market perform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Wells Fargo & Co. They now have a $73.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $65.00.
- 1/2/2018 – Emerson Electric was upgraded by analysts at Vertical Research from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 12/20/2017 – Emerson Electric had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Cowen Inc. They now have a $72.00 price target on the stock.
Emerson Electric Company (EMR) traded up $1.14 during trading on Monday, reaching $70.21. The company had a trading volume of 1,554,404 shares, compared to its average volume of 3,486,153. Emerson Electric Company has a twelve month low of $56.77 and a twelve month high of $74.45. The company has a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.40, a quick ratio of 1.02 and a current ratio of 1.32. The stock has a market capitalization of $45,110.00, a PE ratio of 27.00, a price-to-earnings-growth ratio of 2.38 and a beta of 1.19.
Emerson Electric (NYSE:EMR) last issued its quarterly earnings results on Tuesday, February 6th. The industrial products company reported $0.58 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, topping the Thomson Reuters’ consensus estimate of $0.54 by $0.04. Emerson Electric had a return on equity of 20.73% and a net margin of 10.09%. The firm had revenue of $3.82 billion during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $3.72 billion. During the same quarter in the previous year, the company posted $0.49 earnings per share. The company’s revenue was up 18.7% compared to the same quarter last year. equities research analysts predict that Emerson Electric Company will post 3.12 EPS for the current year.
In other Emerson Electric news, VP Frank J. Dellaquila sold 2,100 shares of Emerson Electric stock in a transaction dated Wednesday, December 6th. The stock was sold at an average price of $64.77, for a total transaction of $136,017.00. Following the completion of the sale, the vice president now owns 178,743 shares of the company’s stock, valued at $11,577,184.11. The sale was disclosed in a filing with the SEC, which is available at the SEC website. Also, VP Bell Katherine Button sold 7,909 shares of Emerson Electric stock in a transaction dated Thursday, November 30th. The stock was sold at an average price of $64.78, for a total value of $512,345.02. Following the sale, the vice president now directly owns 44,628 shares of the company’s stock, valued at approximately $2,891,001.84. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. In the last ninety days, insiders have sold 27,017 shares of company stock valued at $1,771,129. Corporate insiders own 0.84% of the company’s stock.
Emerson Electric Co is a diversified global manufacturing company, which provides solutions to customers by bringing technology and engineering together in the industrial, commercial and consumer markets around the world. The Company operates through four segments based on the nature of the products and services rendered: Process Management, Industrial Automation, Climate Technologies and Commercial & Residential Solutions.
Receive News & Ratings for Emerson Electric Company Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Emerson Electric Company and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.