Energen (NYSE: EGN) recently received a number of ratings updates from brokerages and research firms:
- 2/7/2018 – Energen had its price target lowered by analysts at Morgan Stanley from $75.00 to $73.00. They now have an “overweight” rating on the stock.
- 2/2/2018 – Energen was downgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 2/1/2018 – Energen was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “strong-buy” rating. They now have a $60.00 price target on the stock. According to Zacks, “Energen Corporation is an independent oil and gas exploration and production company that operates exclusively in the Permian Basin of west Texas and New Mexico. Energen is focused on return-driven growth from the drilling and development of multiple horizontal shale formations in the Delaware and Midland basins using its Generation 3 frac design. The majority of the company’s Gen 3 wells have been drilled in multi-zone patterns and completed in batches at original reservoir pressure. The Corporation’s utility subsidiary, Alabama Gas Corporation, is the largest natural gas distribution utility in the State of Alabama. The Corporation’s oil and gas exploration and production activities are conducted by its subsidiary, Taurus Exploration, Inc. and its subsidiary. “
- 2/1/2018 – Energen is now covered by analysts at Deutsche Bank AG. They set a “buy” rating and a $70.00 price target on the stock.
- 1/29/2018 – Energen was given a new $85.00 price target on by analysts at Stifel Nicolaus. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 1/26/2018 – Energen was upgraded by analysts at Seaport Global Securities from a “neutral” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 1/24/2018 – Energen was upgraded by analysts at Morgan Stanley from an “equal weight” rating to an “overweight” rating. They now have a $75.00 price target on the stock.
- 1/21/2018 – Energen was given a new $70.00 price target on by analysts at KeyCorp. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 1/16/2018 – Energen was given a new $72.00 price target on by analysts at Mizuho. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 12/15/2017 – Energen was downgraded by analysts at JPMorgan Chase & Co. from a “neutral” rating to an “underweight” rating. They now have a $57.00 price target on the stock.
Energen Co. (EGN) opened at $50.05 on Monday. The company has a current ratio of 0.58, a quick ratio of 0.53 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.24. Energen Co. has a fifty-two week low of $46.16 and a fifty-two week high of $60.07. The stock has a market cap of $4,864.96, a P/E ratio of -455.00 and a beta of 1.73.
In other Energen news, major shareholder Corvex Management Lp sold 80,294 shares of the firm’s stock in a transaction that occurred on Friday, December 29th. The shares were sold at an average price of $57.56, for a total transaction of $4,621,722.64. The transaction was disclosed in a document filed with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is accessible through this hyperlink. Also, Director Lori A. Lancaster purchased 1,000 shares of the stock in a transaction on Friday, December 22nd. The shares were purchased at an average price of $57.79 per share, with a total value of $57,790.00. Following the acquisition, the director now owns 1,000 shares in the company, valued at approximately $57,790. The disclosure for this purchase can be found here. 1.00% of the stock is currently owned by company insiders.
Energen Corporation is an oil and natural gas exploration and production company. The Company is engaged in the exploration, development and production of oil and natural gas properties and natural gas. Its operations are conducted through subsidiary, Energen Resources Corporation and occur within the Midland Basin, the Delaware Basin and the Central Basin Platform areas of the Permian Basin in west Texas and New Mexico.
Receive News & Ratings for Energen Co Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Energen Co and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.