Ethereum Classic (CURRENCY:ETC) traded up 12.6% against the dollar during the 1 day period ending at 8:00 AM ET on February 12th. Ethereum Classic has a total market capitalization of $2.77 billion and approximately $461.10 million worth of Ethereum Classic was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. One Ethereum Classic coin can now be purchased for about $27.76 or 0.00316556 BTC on cryptocurrency exchanges including Bitfinex, EtherDelta, Coinrail and Exmo. In the last seven days, Ethereum Classic has traded 47.3% higher against the dollar.
Here is how related cryptocurrencies have performed in the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded 5.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $8,788.08 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Ethereum (ETH) traded 3.6% higher against the dollar and now trades at $868.43 or 0.09901790 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded up 2.2% against the dollar and now trades at $1,284.32 or 0.14643700 BTC.
- Litecoin (LTC) traded 6.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $160.63 or 0.01831490 BTC.
- Monero (XMR) traded 4.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $248.19 or 0.02829850 BTC.
- RaiBlocks (XRB) traded 32.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $18.58 or 0.00186028 BTC.
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded 8.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $135.98 or 0.01550470 BTC.
- Zcash (ZEC) traded up 3.9% against the dollar and now trades at $469.09 or 0.05348520 BTC.
- Nano (XRB) traded 10.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $9.82 or 0.00111984 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded 1.6% higher against the dollar and now trades at $4.16 or 0.00047434 BTC.
Ethereum Classic Coin Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “Ethereum Classic is an attempt at keeping the Ethereum blockchain unaltered by the part of the community that opposed the hard fork and the return of The DAO funds. It started trading on Poloniex and is getting more and more traction. The Ethereum Classic mission statement is: “We believe in decentralized, censorship-resistant, permissionless blockchains. We believe in the original vision of Ethereum as a world computer you can't shut down, running irreversible smart contracts. We believe in a strong separation of concerns, where system forks are only possible in order to correct actual platform bugs, not to bail out failed contracts and special interests. We believe in censorship-resistant platform that can be actually trusted – by anyone.” Our block explorer data: total coins supply, total network hash rate, last block number and total difficulty are freely provided by https://gastracker.io/ In 2017, the Die Hard fork was implemented in ETC, removing the Ethereum difficulty bomb. Currently, there are no plans to move to Proof of Stake like Ethereum, although developers at the IOHK institute are developing a new PoS protocol for Ethereum Classic. “
Buying and Selling Ethereum Classic
Ethereum Classic can be purchased on these cryptocurrency exchanges: HitBTC, Quoine, Lbank, Tidebit, Koinex, Tidex, Bitstamp, Bitso, Livecoin, EXX, Bittrex, DSX, Bibox, BTC Markets, Coinut, CoinEgg, GOPAX, Mercatox, Upbit, Binance, BitBay, Cobinhood, xBTCe, Bitbank, OKEx, Independent Reserve, Coinone, ACX, Bitinka, Qryptos, EtherDelta, Liqui, Gemini, BX Thailand, Korbit, Bancor Network, Gatehub, Mr. Exchange, Bithumb, YoBit, Coinbene, Bitcoin Indonesia, Bitfinex, Coinrail, COSS, BitGrail, ZB.COM, WEX, Koineks, ChaoEX, Poloniex, RightBTC, Cryptopia, TOPBTC, BTCTurk, bitFlyer, Huobi, Gatecoin, CoinExchange, Bit-Z, CoinFalcon, Allcoin, Coinnest, Gate.io, Coinsquare, CoolCoin, Kucoin, Kraken, Exmo, QuadrigaCX, CEX.IO, GDAX, BtcTrade.im and BigONE. It is not currently possible to purchase Ethereum Classic directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to trade Ethereum Classic must first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Coinbase, GDAX or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase Ethereum Classic using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Ethereum Classic Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Ethereum Classic and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.