Ethereum (CURRENCY:ETH) traded up 4.4% against the dollar during the one day period ending at 8:00 AM E.T. on February 12th. Over the last week, Ethereum has traded 13.5% higher against the dollar. Ethereum has a total market cap of $84.99 billion and approximately $2.24 billion worth of Ethereum was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. One Ethereum coin can now be bought for approximately $871.10 or 0.09906700 BTC on major cryptocurrency exchanges including BTCTurk, Bancor Network, BTC Markets and Bithumb.
Here’s how similar cryptocurrencies have performed over the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded up 6.2% against the dollar and now trades at $8,805.74 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded 2.9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $1,289.24 or 0.14662100 BTC.
- Litecoin (LTC) traded up 7.1% against the dollar and now trades at $161.11 or 0.01832230 BTC.
- Monero (XMR) traded 5.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $248.40 or 0.02824970 BTC.
- Ethereum Classic (ETC) traded 13.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $27.66 or 0.00314533 BTC.
- RaiBlocks (XRB) traded up 32.3% against the dollar and now trades at $18.58 or 0.00186028 BTC.
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded up 10% against the dollar and now trades at $137.07 or 0.01558880 BTC.
- Zcash (ZEC) traded up 5% against the dollar and now trades at $470.17 or 0.05347060 BTC.
- Nano (XRB) traded 11.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $9.85 or 0.00112025 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded 2.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $4.19 or 0.00047597 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Ethereum is a decentralized platform that runs smart contracts: applications that run exactly as programmed without any possibility of downtime, censorship, fraud or third party interference. In the Ethereum protocol and blockchain there is a price for each operation. The general idea is, in order to have things transferred or executed by the network, you have to consume or burn Gas. The cryptocurrency is called Ether and is used to pay for computation time and for transaction fees.If you want to earn block rewards from the network, you can join the network as a miner. Follow the link for a guide on how to mine Ethereum on a Windows Pc. The much easier but a bit more expensive way is to buy an Ethereum mining contract. Ethereum is how the Internet was supposed to work. As long as you have enough funds to pay for your code to be run by the network, your contacts will always be up and running.It was crowdfunded during August 2014 by fans all around the world. It is developed and maintained by ETHDEV with contributions from great minds across the globe. There is also an Ethereum foundation and there are multiple startups working with the Ethereum blockchain.Ethereum is currently on the “Homestead” stage and all its related software is still considered Beta until the release of the next stage “Metropolis”. If you are looking for a GUI interface for your wallet, try the Ethereum Wallet DApp. It's still in beta so be careful when you use it.Our block explorer data bellow is freely provided by etherchain.org and etherscan.io. “
Buying and Selling Ethereum
Ethereum can be bought or sold on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Coinut, Bitcoin Indonesia, COSS, Kraken, Cobinhood, Livecoin, WEX, Gatecoin, BTC Markets, BtcTrade.im, CEX.IO, Coinone, Bitstamp, Koinex, Qryptos, RightBTC, Bittrex, QuadrigaCX, Coinrail, Coinsquare, bitFlyer, Mercatox, Bitbank, EXX, Bit-Z, BTCTurk, Korbit, Mr. Exchange, Coinnest, Poloniex, ZB.COM, Kucoin, ChaoEX, CoinEgg, Huobi, Bitso, Koineks, Binance, Coinbene, Gate.io, Exmo, Quoine, Independent Reserve, Allcoin, GOPAX, BitGrail, TOPBTC, BitBay, Gatehub, xBTCe, BigONE, Tidex, Cryptopia, OKEx, CoolCoin, Bitinka, Bancor Network, CoinExchange, Upbit, Bibox, DSX, BX Thailand, Liqui, Bithumb, YoBit, Gemini, ACX, GDAX, Tidebit, CoinFalcon, HitBTC, Lbank, Bitfinex and EtherDelta. Investors seeking to trade Ethereum using U.S. dollars directly can do so using Changelly, GDAX or Gemini.
Receive News & Updates for Ethereum Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Ethereum and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.