FairCoin (CURRENCY:FAIR) traded 4.1% higher against the U.S. dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 17:00 PM E.T. on February 12th. FairCoin has a total market cap of $26.29 million and $15,089.00 worth of FairCoin was traded on exchanges in the last day. One FairCoin coin can now be purchased for $0.49 or 0.00005605 BTC on popular exchanges including CoinExchange and Bittrex. During the last week, FairCoin has traded 19.6% higher against the U.S. dollar.
Here’s how other cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- Dash (DASH) traded 3.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $618.53 or 0.07016270 BTC.
- Stratis (STRAT) traded up 7.9% against the dollar and now trades at $7.81 or 0.00088576 BTC.
- Aeternity (AE) traded up 1.7% against the dollar and now trades at $2.64 or 0.00029934 BTC.
- Decred (DCR) traded 9.6% higher against the dollar and now trades at $78.15 or 0.00886512 BTC.
- Hshare (HSR) traded 3.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $12.17 or 0.00138035 BTC.
- PIVX (PIVX) traded up 6.1% against the dollar and now trades at $6.00 or 0.00068011 BTC.
- ReddCoin (RDD) traded up 7.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0067 or 0.00000076 BTC.
- Experience Points (XP) traded 0.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0009 or 0.00000010 BTC.
- Emercoin (EMC) traded up 9.7% against the dollar and now trades at $4.23 or 0.00048020 BTC.
- Blocknet (BLOCK) traded up 16.1% against the dollar and now trades at $31.33 or 0.00355365 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “FairCoin is a decentralised virtual currency, distributed through a vast airdrop process during the 6th and 8th of March, 2014 . An approximate 49,750 addresses were logged for the giveaway, each able to claim 1000 FAIR per hour. Automated airdrop claiming methods had no effect, as each IP address could register once per hour, and 2 different captchas had to be solved. These security precautions were hidden till the day of distribution. FairCoin's vast distribution method allowed a good portion of the cryptocurrency community to claim a little bit of the 50,000,000 FairCoins, each. “
Buying and Selling FairCoin
FairCoin can be traded on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Bittrex and CoinExchange. It is not possible to buy FairCoin directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to trade FairCoin must first buy Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as GDAX, Coinbase or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to buy FairCoin using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for FairCoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for FairCoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.