HP (NYSE: HPQ) has recently received a number of price target changes and ratings updates:
- 2/7/2018 – HP is now covered by analysts at Goldman Sachs Group Inc. They set a “neutral” rating and a $25.00 price target on the stock.
- 2/2/2018 – HP was upgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “buy” rating to a “strong-buy” rating.
- 2/1/2018 – HP was downgraded by analysts at Mizuho from a “buy” rating to a “neutral” rating. They now have a $23.00 price target on the stock. They noted that the move was a valuation call. They noted that the move was a valuation call.
- 1/25/2018 – HP was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating. According to Zacks, “HP’s eroding margins hurt by escalating component costs is a major concern. Prices of components such as DRAM and NAND are likely to remain high in 2018 which will continue to drag down the company’s margins. Although, the company’s strategic efforts are driving top-line growth, it may not be enough to offset this incremental cost. Moreover, the overall declining trend in the PC market, as evident from the latest report by Gartner, doesn’t bode well for the company. Per Gartner, PC shipments declined 2% year over year in the fourth quarter of 2017, marking the 13th straight quarter of fall. We expect HP’s growth rate for PC segment to slow down, unless the overall market scenario for PCs improves significantly. Notably, Estimates for HP have remained stable of late.”
- 1/23/2018 – HP was downgraded by analysts at Morgan Stanley from an “overweight” rating to an “equal weight” rating. They now have a $25.00 price target on the stock.
- 1/22/2018 – HP had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Loop Capital. They now have a $28.00 price target on the stock.
- 1/18/2018 – HP had its price target raised by analysts at Citigroup Inc from $23.00 to $27.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 1/17/2018 – HP was downgraded by analysts at Barclays PLC from an “overweight” rating to an “equal weight” rating. They now have a $23.00 price target on the stock.
- 1/16/2018 – HP had its price target raised by analysts at UBS Group AG from $24.00 to $26.00. They now have a “neutral” rating on the stock.
Shares of HP Inc (HPQ) opened at $20.11 on Monday. The company has a market capitalization of $33,085.54, a P/E ratio of 13.50, a P/E/G ratio of 2.11 and a beta of 1.77. HP Inc has a 52-week low of $15.55 and a 52-week high of $24.10. The company has a debt-to-equity ratio of -1.98, a current ratio of 1.00 and a quick ratio of 0.74.
HP (NYSE:HPQ) last issued its earnings results on Tuesday, November 21st. The computer maker reported $0.44 EPS for the quarter, meeting the Zacks’ consensus estimate of $0.44. The firm had revenue of $13.93 billion for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $13.36 billion. HP had a negative return on equity of 70.25% and a net margin of 4.85%. HP’s revenue for the quarter was up 11.3% on a year-over-year basis. During the same quarter in the prior year, the firm earned $0.36 earnings per share. equities analysts expect that HP Inc will post 1.81 EPS for the current year.
In related news, COO Jon E. Flaxman sold 271,968 shares of the company’s stock in a transaction that occurred on Tuesday, November 28th. The stock was sold at an average price of $21.34, for a total value of $5,803,797.12. Following the sale, the chief operating officer now owns 243,096 shares in the company, valued at $5,187,668.64. The sale was disclosed in a legal filing with the SEC, which is available through this link. Also, insider Enrique Lores sold 302,893 shares of the company’s stock in a transaction that occurred on Thursday, January 18th. The shares were sold at an average price of $23.31, for a total value of $7,060,435.83. Following the completion of the sale, the insider now owns 88,901 shares in the company, valued at approximately $2,072,282.31. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. In the last quarter, insiders sold 902,988 shares of company stock worth $19,938,441. 0.62% of the stock is owned by insiders.
HP Inc is a provider of products, technologies, software, solutions and services to individual consumers, small- and medium-sized businesses, and enterprises, including customers in the government, health and education sectors. The Company provides personal computing and other access devices, imaging and printing products, and related technologies, solutions and services.
Receive News & Ratings for HP Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for HP Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.