Several brokerages have updated their recommendations and price targets on shares of Mplx (NYSE: MPLX) in the last few weeks:
- 2/5/2018 – Mplx was downgraded by analysts at Jefferies Group LLC from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating. They now have a $38.00 price target on the stock.
- 2/2/2018 – Mplx had its “outperform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Royal Bank of Canada. They now have a $43.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $44.00.
- 2/2/2018 – Mplx had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Citigroup Inc. They now have a $46.00 price target on the stock.
- 2/1/2018 – Mplx had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Stifel Nicolaus. They now have a $45.00 price target on the stock.
- 1/17/2018 – Mplx was downgraded by analysts at Barclays PLC from an “overweight” rating to an “equal weight” rating. They now have a $39.00 price target on the stock.
- 1/10/2018 – Mplx was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating. According to Zacks, “MPLX LP is a fee-based limited partnership formed to own, operate, develop and acquire crude oil, refined product and other hydrocarbon-based product pipelines and other midstream assets. The Company’s assets consist of a network of common carrier crude oil and product pipeline systems and associated storage assets in the Midwest and Gulf Coast regions of the United States. MPLX LP is based in Findlay, Ohio. “
- 1/9/2018 – Mplx is now covered by analysts at Bank of America Corp. They set a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 1/4/2018 – Mplx is now covered by analysts at Credit Suisse Group AG. They set an “outperform” rating and a $43.00 price target on the stock.
- 12/18/2017 – Mplx was downgraded by analysts at Guggenheim from a “buy” rating to a “neutral” rating. They now have a $36.00 price target on the stock.
Shares of Mplx Lp (NYSE:MPLX) traded up $1.12 during trading on Monday, reaching $35.97. 889,119 shares of the company’s stock traded hands, compared to its average volume of 2,118,936. The company has a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.68, a current ratio of 0.54 and a quick ratio of 0.48. The company has a market capitalization of $14,730.00, a PE ratio of 34.26, a price-to-earnings-growth ratio of 3.25 and a beta of 1.32. Mplx Lp has a 1 year low of $30.88 and a 1 year high of $39.43.
Mplx (NYSE:MPLX) last issued its quarterly earnings data on Thursday, February 1st. The pipeline company reported $0.31 earnings per share for the quarter, missing the Thomson Reuters’ consensus estimate of $0.34 by ($0.03). The firm had revenue of $1.09 billion for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $937.04 million. Mplx had a return on equity of 6.99% and a net margin of 17.90%. Mplx’s quarterly revenue was up 27.9% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same period in the prior year, the company posted $0.17 earnings per share. equities analysts expect that Mplx Lp will post 1.91 EPS for the current fiscal year.
In other news, VP Gregory Scott Floerke sold 2,000 shares of the stock in a transaction that occurred on Thursday, November 30th. The shares were sold at an average price of $36.00, for a total transaction of $72,000.00. Following the sale, the vice president now directly owns 79,598 shares of the company’s stock, valued at $2,865,528. The transaction was disclosed in a legal filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is available through the SEC website. Insiders have sold 8,000 shares of company stock worth $284,760 over the last three months.
MPLX LP is a master limited partnership (MLP) formed by Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC) to own, operate, develop and acquire midstream energy infrastructure assets. The Company is engaged in the gathering, processing and transportation of natural gas; the gathering, transportation, fractionation, storage and marketing of natural gas liquids (NGLs), and the gathering, transportation and storage of crude oil and refined petroleum products.
Receive News & Ratings for Mplx Lp Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Mplx Lp and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.