Quest Diagnostics (NYSE: DGX) has recently received a number of price target changes and ratings updates:
- 2/6/2018 – Quest Diagnostics was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $115.00 price target on the stock. According to Zacks, “Quest Diagnostics’ fourth-quarter earnings exceeded the Zacks Consensus Estimate, while revenues remained in line with the same. On a positive note, the company is currently refocusing on its core diagnostic information services business and working on disciplined capital deployment. It is witnessing significant growth through infectious disease testing, prescription drug monitoring and wellness. Also several new collaborations with hospitals and integrated delivery networks continue to act as major growth drivers. We are looking forward to the recent buyout of Mobile Medical Examination Service, a national provider of home-based health risk assessments and related services. This apart, the 2018 guidance looks promising. Over the past year, Quest Diagnostics was trading above the industry. On the flip side, unit price headwind continues to hamper growth. Tough competitive landscape and reimbursement issues are the other woes.”
- 2/2/2018 – Quest Diagnostics is now covered by analysts at Credit Suisse Group AG. They set a “neutral” rating and a $107.00 price target on the stock.
- 2/1/2018 – Quest Diagnostics had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Piper Jaffray Companies. They now have a $110.00 price target on the stock.
- 1/29/2018 – Quest Diagnostics is now covered by analysts at Goldman Sachs Group Inc. They set a “buy” rating and a $117.00 price target on the stock.
- 1/24/2018 – Quest Diagnostics was given a new $113.00 price target on by analysts at Mizuho. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 1/16/2018 – Quest Diagnostics had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Canaccord Genuity. They now have a $110.00 price target on the stock.
- 1/4/2018 – Quest Diagnostics is now covered by analysts at Evercore ISI. They set an “in-line” rating and a $103.00 price target on the stock.
Shares of Quest Diagnostics Inc (NYSE:DGX) traded up $0.67 during trading hours on Monday, reaching $99.01. 345,436 shares of the company traded hands, compared to its average volume of 1,026,843. Quest Diagnostics Inc has a 12-month low of $90.10 and a 12-month high of $112.96. The company has a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.76, a current ratio of 1.24 and a quick ratio of 1.15. The firm has a market cap of $13,403.68, a price-to-earnings ratio of 18.00, a P/E/G ratio of 1.77 and a beta of 0.67.
Quest Diagnostics (NYSE:DGX) last announced its quarterly earnings results on Thursday, February 1st. The medical research company reported $1.40 EPS for the quarter, topping the Thomson Reuters’ consensus estimate of $1.37 by $0.03. Quest Diagnostics had a net margin of 10.00% and a return on equity of 15.41%. The firm had revenue of $1.94 billion for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $1.93 billion. During the same period last year, the business earned $1.31 EPS. Quest Diagnostics’s revenue for the quarter was up 4.0% compared to the same quarter last year. research analysts anticipate that Quest Diagnostics Inc will post 6.59 EPS for the current fiscal year.
In related news, SVP Catherine T. Doherty sold 21,294 shares of Quest Diagnostics stock in a transaction on Wednesday, January 24th. The shares were sold at an average price of $104.00, for a total transaction of $2,214,576.00. Following the sale, the senior vice president now directly owns 90,709 shares in the company, valued at approximately $9,433,736. The sale was disclosed in a document filed with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is available through this hyperlink. Also, EVP J. E. Davis sold 63,880 shares of Quest Diagnostics stock in a transaction on Tuesday, January 2nd. The stock was sold at an average price of $98.68, for a total transaction of $6,303,678.40. Following the sale, the executive vice president now owns 101,423 shares in the company, valued at $10,008,421.64. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. Insiders have sold a total of 192,014 shares of company stock worth $19,950,134 over the last quarter. 1.75% of the stock is owned by company insiders.
Quest Diagnostics Incorporated is a provider of diagnostic information services. The Company operates through two businesses: Diagnostic Information Services and Diagnostic Solutions. The Diagnostic Information Services business develops and delivers diagnostic testing information and services, providing insights that empower and enable a range of customers, including patients, clinicians, hospitals, integrated delivery networks (IDNs), health plans, employers and accountable care organizations (ACOs).
Receive News & Ratings for Quest Diagnostics Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Quest Diagnostics Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.