International Paper (NYSE: IP) has recently received a number of price target changes and ratings updates:
- 2/6/2018 – International Paper was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $70.00 price target on the stock. According to Zacks, “International Paper reported solid fourth-quarter 2017 results with healthy year-over-year increase in earnings and revenues. The company has strategically offloaded businesses in China to focus more on its U.S. operations. It has also completed the divesture of its consumer packaging business in North America to Graphic Packaging. In North America, the company envisions a large opportunity within its industrial packaging businesses, which continue to generate the best margins in the industry. The company is taking initiatives to drive further margin expansion over time across the business. At the same time, International Paper intends to invest significantly to further improve its North American containerboard mill system, enhance product quality, and reduce manufacturing and delivery costs. However, high pension obligations remain a significant headwind. International Paper has also underperformed the industry in the last three months.”
- 2/2/2018 – International Paper had its price target raised by analysts at DA Davidson to $74.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 2/2/2018 – International Paper was upgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 2/1/2018 – International Paper had its price target raised by analysts at Bank of America Corp from $66.00 to $70.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 1/25/2018 – International Paper had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at BMO Capital Markets. They now have a $70.00 price target on the stock.
- 1/10/2018 – International Paper was given a new $66.00 price target on by analysts at Stephens. They now have a “hold” rating on the stock.
- 1/8/2018 – International Paper had its “outperform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Wells Fargo & Co. They now have a $70.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $65.00.
- 1/2/2018 – International Paper had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at KeyCorp. They wrote, “We are updating our estimates for IP to reflect the completion of the transfer of its N.A. Consumer Packaging business to Graphic Packaging as well as a lower (book) tax rate. We are maintaining our 2017 adj. EBITDA estimate and reducing our 2018 estimate to reflect one fewer quarter of the N.A. Consumer Packaging business. Our 2018 adj. EPS estimate is increasing on account of a lower tax rate and to a lesser extent lower interest expense.””
- 1/2/2018 – International Paper was upgraded by analysts at Bank of America Corp from a “neutral” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $66.00 price target on the stock.
Shares of International Paper Co (IP) opened at $58.84 on Monday. The company has a quick ratio of 1.17, a current ratio of 1.62 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 1.75. The stock has a market capitalization of $23,619.49, a PE ratio of 11.45, a P/E/G ratio of 1.25 and a beta of 1.49. International Paper Co has a 12 month low of $49.60 and a 12 month high of $66.94.
International Paper (NYSE:IP) last posted its earnings results on Thursday, February 1st. The basic materials company reported $1.27 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, topping the Thomson Reuters’ consensus estimate of $1.19 by $0.08. The company had revenue of $5.71 billion for the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $6.01 billion. International Paper had a return on equity of 29.53% and a net margin of 9.36%. International Paper’s quarterly revenue was up 14.2% on a year-over-year basis. During the same period last year, the firm earned $0.67 earnings per share. analysts predict that International Paper Co will post 4.8 EPS for the current fiscal year.
International Paper Company is a paper and packaging company with primary markets and manufacturing operations in North America, Europe, Latin America, Russia, Asia, Africa and the Middle East. The Company’s segments include Industrial Packaging, Global Cellulose Fibers, Printing Papers and Consumer Packaging.
Receive News & Ratings for International Paper Co Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for International Paper Co and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.