A number of research firms have changed their ratings and price targets for Suncor Energy (NYSE: SU):
- 2/9/2018 – Suncor Energy was given a new $46.00 price target on by analysts at Piper Jaffray Companies. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 2/9/2018 – Suncor Energy was upgraded by analysts at TD Securities from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 2/9/2018 – Suncor Energy was upgraded by analysts at JPMorgan Chase & Co. from a “neutral” rating to an “overweight” rating.
- 1/24/2018 – Suncor Energy had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Piper Jaffray Companies. They now have a $47.00 price target on the stock.
- 1/20/2018 – Suncor Energy was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $43.00 price target on the stock. According to Zacks, “Ahead of Suncor Energy's Q4 earnings, we are taking a bullish stance on the company. Higher commodity prices, record production and aggressive cost reduction helped Canada’s biggest energy company come out with better-than-expected profits during 3 of the last 4 quarters. Suncor's total production rose to a record during the third quarter, helped largely by increased output from its oil sands operations. Importantly, SU's success in reducing cash costs have magnified the effects of rebound in oil prices. A healthy dividend and an aggressive share buyback program are other positives in the Suncor story. Consequently, we think SU – which has outperformed the Zacks Oil & Gas Canadian Integrated industry year in the last 12 months – offers upside potential from current levels and label it as an attractive investment.”
- 1/15/2018 – Suncor Energy had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at AltaCorp Capital. They now have a $51.00 price target on the stock.
Shares of Suncor Energy Inc. (SU) opened at $33.68 on Monday. The company has a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.29, a current ratio of 1.00 and a quick ratio of 0.64. Suncor Energy Inc. has a 12-month low of $27.96 and a 12-month high of $38.39. The company has a market capitalization of $55,300.00, a P/E ratio of 15.81, a PEG ratio of 2.47 and a beta of 0.80.
The business also recently declared a quarterly dividend, which will be paid on Monday, March 26th. Stockholders of record on Monday, March 5th will be given a $0.286 dividend. This is a boost from Suncor Energy’s previous quarterly dividend of $0.25. This represents a $1.14 dividend on an annualized basis and a dividend yield of 3.40%. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Friday, March 2nd. Suncor Energy’s payout ratio is currently 47.42%.
Suncor Energy Inc is a Canada-based integrated energy company. The Company is focused on developing Canada’s petroleum resource basin, Athabasca oil sands. The Company operates in three business segments: Oil Sands, Exploration and Production (E&P), and Refining and Marketing. The Company’s Oil Sands segment includes Oil Sands operations and Oil Sands ventures operations.
Receive News & Ratings for Suncor Energy Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Suncor Energy Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.