Komodo (CURRENCY:KMD) traded 2.9% higher against the dollar during the 1-day period ending at 9:00 AM E.T. on February 12th. Komodo has a market capitalization of $429.55 million and approximately $2.04 million worth of Komodo was traded on exchanges in the last day. One Komodo coin can now be purchased for approximately $4.16 or 0.00048368 BTC on cryptocurrency exchanges including Cryptopia, Cryptox, Upbit and Bittrex. In the last week, Komodo has traded up 13.8% against the dollar.
Here is how related cryptocurrencies have performed in the last day:
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded 3.6% higher against the dollar and now trades at $133.17 or 0.01548350 BTC.
- Zcash (ZEC) traded up 0.8% against the dollar and now trades at $461.68 or 0.05367770 BTC.
- ZClassic (ZCL) traded up 6.7% against the dollar and now trades at $103.14 or 0.01199110 BTC.
- ZenCash (ZEN) traded 1.6% higher against the dollar and now trades at $35.95 or 0.00418016 BTC.
- Hush (HUSH) traded down 2.3% against the dollar and now trades at $2.22 or 0.00025846 BTC.
- Zero (ZER) traded up 9.7% against the dollar and now trades at $1.54 or 0.00017940 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Komodo is a privacy-centric cryptocurrency that combines the anonymity of ZCash with the security of Bitcoin. Using a new consensus mechanism developed by the Komodo team, delayed Proof of Work, Komodo blocks can be notarized using the Bitcoin blockchain. KMD is issued through an Equihash-based PoW protocol, and the new block information is sent to pre-voted notary nodes. These nodes insert the Komodo block information on the BTC blockchain by creating a custom transaction. This system ensures that in order to “hack” komodo, one would have to rewrite both chains.Komodo uses Zero Knowledge Proofs to provide 100% anonymous transactions, that are now secured with Bitcoin's hash rate. “
Komodo Coin Trading
Komodo can be purchased on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Cryptox, HitBTC, Upbit, Cryptopia, Bittrex, CoinExchange, BarterDEX and Binance. It is not possible to buy Komodo directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Komodo must first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Changelly, Coinbase or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Komodo using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Komodo Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Komodo and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.